Covid 19 Vaccine Side Effects Thread

My wife got the Moderna shot yesterday and did pretty good yesterday. This morning she wasn’t feeling too well but she had a shift of work from noon-8 that she went to anyway. Came home with a temp of 100.6 and achy. We will see if she is well enough to work tomorrow.

My husband used this same joke on me today. I gave him the same response I’m giving you.

:neutral_face:

3 Likes

Another successful dad joke.

1 Like

Pfizer. no side effects at all

1 Like

my Dad/ math joke is to claim

I have skills, its multiplying

3 Likes

wife now seems to have mild chills and a low fever

I’m about 24 hours after my 2nd dose. Same sore arm and I woke up this morning achy around my ribs and lower back. It’s exactly like the soreness you get when you cough a lot, but I haven’t coughed once. Weird. A few hours ago I started feeling super tired. Overall, it hasn’t been bad at all.

Second Moderna. Feel like I have covid but no cough. Chills, fatigue, aches, 102.3 temp. I never run a temp except when I have covid or covid vaccines.

I don’t know if I can do this every year.

:astonished: that’s extreme.

This showed up like 4 days after my shot. Anybody else?

10 Likes

Second Moderna shot on Saturday. Usual soreness in shoulder I get any time I get a shot, nothing else.

1 Like

Sounds like she’s losing control…

I mean, I am in the already had Covid camp. This was my second, and so far the reaction is slightly less bad than the first, unless I develop a fever later this afternoon. I didn’t even try to work today.

I’m realizing how very healthy I am and have been my whole life to get this whiny over basically a fever and chills.

Fully vaccinated now. Achey arm, very mild joint and muscle aches, starting feeling feverish and took some Tylenol, which was all it took, felt fine after that.

3 Likes

Right, I forgot that. Still sounds sucky, but not as outlandish for someone who had covid.

1 Like

Finally found a sneaky infection hiding up in there…but just now starting antibiotics/steroids/ear drops. After a month of being unable to think, hear, read, or walk comfortably there’s some positive news. Will probably take another 2 weeks to get right though. No definitive link to the vaccine directly, but it all started the day after. May just have been immune system choosing to respond to one thing vs another.

Get Moderna #1 today. I’m 4.5 months past Covid. I am not expecting to be very functional tomorrow…

1 Like

Maybe you picked up an unrelated bug when you went to get vaccinated. My vaccine site was certainly the largest crowd I’ve been in in months.

Never got out of the car. Totally possible it was just independent timing of two different events in any case. It’s been a shitty month though. Bad time to have trouble thinking clearly the month before exams. :frowning:

1 Like

Hope you feel better soon!

3 Likes