Companies to try to avoid

Does your company know you work 5 hours/week? If it’s a full time job, your coworkers probably hate you

1 Like

Of course not.

But see, that’s the problem. You immediately assume my coworkers hate me. We all want to work less, yet have this masochist relationship with work where if you don’t devote the majority of your life to work, you get guilty. And if others are smart enough to work less, you shame them.

Not helping the cause here.

1 Like

your coworkers don’t know you work 5 hours a week, but you’re incessantly bragging about it on a public forum where you assume you’re anonymous? really?

yeah, i hate it when coworkers don’t pull their weight because it makes my life harder. it’s not a jealousy thing.

1 Like

Some of us couldn’t get a fraction of our work week done in 5 hours. It’s not about putting the time in. It’s about not getting work done. With 5 hours per week, you don’t have much time. This doesn’t even include communicating results to coworkers and subordinates.

1 Like

That’s the beautiful thing about an internet forum. I can say anything I want and it won’t that it’s actually true.

I want Trump to die in an accident too. But the FBI isn’t going to show up.

Anonymous or not, who knows how much I really work. Maybe I’m not even that rich. We all just take our online personas with a grain of salt.

1 Like

uh no. i’m taking you at your word that you work 5 hours a week and wouldn’t want to work with you.

if you’re lying about that, that’s your problem, not mine.

1 Like

Well, suffice to say I do get my work done. That’s the important part.
So yeah, I do find a way to get my work done in 5 hours. And people are happy with my work.

1 Like

Great! The feeling is mutual.

But I hope that one day you’re able to work 5 hours a week too.

we do? it’s still a person behind the words. i form opinions about people based on what they say online all the time.

1 Like

I don’t doubt that you do :heart:

Maybe you’re actually a big fan of dolphins!

1 Like

Well we’re not paid by the hour so it’s fair game isn’t it?

what’s fair game? not to pull your weight thus making the lives of your coworkers harder? no, it’s selfish.

3 Likes

Well, now I definitely take this online persona with a bunch of grains of salt. Or maybe the whole shaker.

But, just by the way, my preferred coworkers are people who work a reasonable amount of hours and get a reasonable amount of stuff done. Also those who generally try to be truthful.

1 Like

I’m not sure why you care how much hours your coworkers work as long as they get the amount you expect of them done.

But other than that, I sure fit the bill!

if my coworkers are working 5 hours a week, they aren’t getting the amount expected of them done.

one of my biggest pet peeves are people who decide to slack off right before they resign. i’ve worked with a few people like that and it’s incredibly selfish.

2 Likes

How would one know how much those who work remotely actually work? Like I said, I complete all my work and my performance reviews are above average.

1 Like

Yeah, I think the last few weeks before I leave are at least among the most stressful for me as I try to document everything and get everyone up to speed on everything.

well, then maybe you really have a do-nothing job. good for you. if one of my coworkers was working 5 hours a week, we would know it because they wouldn’t produce any real work.

1 Like

i’m not sure why you would brag about working 5 hours a week publicly on a forum with people who might actually work with you.

1 Like