Companies to try to avoid

Maybe he just gets his work done really fast

nah, it means he doesn’t have much work or he’s slacking.

1 Like

well, you can certainly assume that.

But if what I’m saying is true, shouldn’t you be happy for me? I mean, everyone should want to have a 5-hour work week right? We didn’t get born just to slave away for some company.

Let’s not shame those who actually don’t need to work long hours.

Because that’s actually not problematic. It would be problematic if I didn’t get work done, but I do, so what does it matter how many hours I actually put in.

People say all kinds of problematic shit on this forum and don’t seem to care.

why would i be “happy for you”? what about you would make me want the best for you?

i’d assume your employer cares that they are paying you a full salary to do 5 hours of work a week. why should they keep you as an employee? what’s in it for them here? seems really foolish to me to brag about this on a not-so-anonymous forum.

what other “problematic shit” do people say? admitting that you barely work on a forum of your coworkers seems to be pretty bad to me.

wait, not just admitting. you’re outright bragging about it.

1 Like

They pay me to do the job I was hired I do. And I do it. And they pay me for it.

That’s a hallmark of a good position, not some time card nonsense.

okay, if you think there is no issue at all with bragging about doing 5 hours of work a week, why not publicly state what company you work for?

1 Like

Because I still would like to be anonymous for other reasons. No?

what other reasons? seems that bragging about barely working on your job is probably the worst thing you can say on a forum of your profession.

1 Like

I’m sure you do think that :kissing_heart:

I do. Give me another example of something you’ve said on here that you would want to remain anonymous due to?

No thanks! I’ll leave it to your ample imagination, you seem pretty good at it! :heart:

If you are working 5 hrs a week, they could probably hire someone else at the same price who’s half as good as you to work 40 hours a week and get 4x as much done. Unless you’re saying you’re 8x as good as most actuaries. (You can say it, but I’m not sure if anyone would believe it :slight_smile: )

But then, we don’t believe the 5 hours a week, right?

2 Likes

Isn’t that the pleb argument for arguing that CEOs shouldn’t be paid 20394728456348tx the minimum wage worker?

I’m sorry, but intellectual jobs aren’t really measured by the hour. I’m not sure you would want that to be the case.

So once again I ask, why do you feel the need to shame someone who’s smart enough to not spend the majority of their life working?

CEO’s don’t work 5 hours a week…

2 Likes

I know they don’t. They also don’t get paid the amount I get paid.

The gist is: who’s counting by the hour?

I’m not trying to shame you. I just don’t think that it’s likely some random person on the internet is earning their pay by working 5 hrs a week. It’s more likely some deception is going on. Self, or otherwise.

2 Likes

I certainly can’t force to you believe me. Ideally, I’d want everyone to work 5 hour work weeks.

40 hour work weeks are BS!

if everyone in my company worked 5 hour work weeks, the company would not survive.

if everyone did what they were supposed to do regardless of whether they needed to work 40 hours, I’m sure the company would be fine.