Commercials that annoy me

Mutually agreed to?

3 Likes

He’s in the AF, an AFA grad and very patriotic and his Grandmother’s middle name is Belle.

So the the little girl’s name is Liberty Belle. When I first heard it I llol’d. Then I was told it wasn’t a joke.

I’m thinking the commercial might be a reprieve.

1 Like

I feel like this thread needs a lot more YouTube links so I don’t have to go searching for these videos.

1 Like

Well, it is, whether they like it or not.
It’s also a nice name, once you’re done laughing.

I hope her last name isn’t “Cract” or something similar.

Why would you go searching for annoying commercials?

So I can agree or disagree with the opinion that they’re annoying!

isn’t the “annoying” that they interrupt whatever it is you’re doing, so, by ergo summit pimplis or whatever, if you’re searching them out, you have no standing to be annoyed?

I can be annoyed if I want to be!

1 Like

well, I guess we all can’t have normal fetishes.

lol

Ok, drug commercials

They don’t necessarily annoy me, but who are they reaching out to.

MDs aren’t being influenced by them and I don’t see people asking their physician, why didn’t you prescribe XYZ? Or at least not insisting

With the high cost of pharmaceuticals it seems this is mostly a wasted expense

It’s more for the emotional Xanax effect when someone is prescribed a medication, they think, “Oh, I’ve seen that commercial on TV, must be safe” rather than “What the french toast is this quack doctor pushing on me this time?”

I’m just glad to be past all of those Medicare Advantage commercials with Joe Namath, Jimmy Walker, and every other aging celebrity telling me about all the stuff I can get for free!!! And what was up with that old lady with the ginormous eyeglasses - I wouldn’t buy their product just out of spite.

1 Like

It has been proven time after time that there are both gullible and hypochondriac people in this nation. If they don’t make money, some other company/people will.

1 Like

but let me tell you about reverse mortgages! or no physical life insurance!

2 Likes

My sister’s a doctor and she says it isn’t uncommon for her patients to ask “Should I be taking that?” whether or not it has anything at all to do with any condition they have.

You’ve got guaranteed acceptance and there are no medical exams and you can’t be turned down. Your payments will never go up and your coverage will never go down.

Here’s a better idea, put those “premium” dollars in cookie jar. Your loved ones will thank you.

1 Like

Does it cost more than the price of a cup of coffee per day???

1 Like

But does it ever influence how she prescribed?

Interesting question. Does she prescribe it to someone just because they ask? No. But it does force her to ask about symptoms and assess them in light of what the medicine treats and what alternatives there are so she can, in almost all cases, reasonably respond “Then you don’t need it”. And it does force her to read up well on that particular medicine so she can respond appropriately. And it can occasionally turn up a diagnosis that wouldn’t have been gotten otherwise. And in some cases, the awareness of a drug to treat something might make people bring up that symptom where they wouldn’t necessarily otherwise. For instance, a patient might not consider bringing up restless leg syndrome until they learn that there is an advertised drug they can take that may address it.

So, maybe that pretty much ends up being “Ask your doctor” vs not asking your doctor? The patients that ask because of the commercials by definition wouldn’t have asked had it not been for the commercials?

1 Like