Commercials that annoy me

HyVee ads. regular ones and their “scan the code” ads at a mythical football tailgate of the world’s least charismatic celebrities. I’d rather KARS4KIDS ads

1 Like

Mods, please issue a temporary ban to tommie.frazier for this post and ban him from this thread.

TIA

4 Likes

to clarify - this isn’t for my disdain for HyVee, but the hyberbolic preference? (K4K is a punchline in at least TWO good tv shows - unbreakable kimmie schmidt and the good place.)

Any commercial with implied cursing

I put that $#!+ on everything

Booking savings and all subsequent rip off commercials

Cook like a mother

frank’s hot sauce. tastes like $&!t. Why would u put in on anything?

all of the commercials annoy me.

4 Likes

Saw a local ambulance chaser commercial with the AC talking to a guy that looked like a well dressed Santa Claus (in a grey suit but with Santa like appearance) saying if Grandma had come to him (the AC) he could have gotten her the settlement she deserved after getting run over by the reindeer on Christmas Eve. And the Santa lookalike agreed.

First thing I thought was, “Wouldn’t he have been suing Santa Claus? Why would Santa be OK with that? And is that how to get business, admitting you would sue Santa?”

Edited the “e” out. HT PZ.

Claus

No E

The e was what got Tim Allen in trouble.

1 Like

That and drug trafficking

2 Likes

Maybe the guy in the suit is supposed to be Grandpa? If so, they could have picked a different actor (DISCLAIMER: those are actors, not factual people) that didn’t look one bit like The Santa Clause.

OK, I tracked it down. Here is one commercial. I don’t think this is the one I saw though. In this one it is pretty obvious it is Santa.

“Do you need more crunch in your life? Crunch yeah, you do!”

Not only does this not make sense, if you substitute any other word for crunch where you’d say “____ yeah, you do!” so it makes sense, you really can’t make the 1st sentence make any sense or you’d say “no, no I don’t need more of it in my life.” And then throw in a sentence later in that commercial that uses crunch you really can’t make it make sense and then I want to throat punch whoever created the commercial.

Making it worse, it usually runs back-to-back.

What about f—-ing?

I really dislike the Liberty Mutual jingle, just because it gets stuck in my head.

My 6yo must get a lot of insurance commercials, which makes sense because he’s a first grader with the personality of a mid-life actuary, so he always wants to make sure that my company and Liberty Mutual are “friends.” I told him again today that we are competitors, but he thinks that means enemies, and it makes him distraught.

2 Likes

I tell Stu he doesn’t need to notify me of -every- insurance commercial out there

there are lots of insurance commercials

My first thought…

Crunch yeah I do!

I considered that, but I think people say “f— yeah I do!” and not “f—ing yeah I do!” If they use the participle form, it’s just “f—ing yeah!”

The MassMutual life commercial with Alex Ovechkin and Nicklas Backstrom is one of the best, though. Especially the end, where the picture of Backstrom and Ovechkin is noticeably larger than the photo of Ovechkin and his wife at their wedding.

My daughter and her husband named their daughter, Liberty.

That girl is going to hear that for a long time.

2 Likes