Codenames!

Done. That give you more insight, but also means you shouldn’t make guesses, just in case.

Oh. I see how it is. This is how you see me.

I’ll give you guys a hint. Government is basically racketeering

Sorry – yeah, I missed that you are heckling. Would you like to join a DM?

so… IRL, the game comes with a timer, and if the other team gets tired of waiting, they can start the timer and force the team that’s on point to act. Do people want to force-skip a player who isn’t around? We could set a 2-hour timer, say, and if someone hasn’t responded in that time the next person up gets the pen.

Do you want to implement a timer?

• Yes, 2 hours
  • Yes, some other amount of time that I will lobby for in-thread
  • No, let’s just let everyone participate in due time

0 voters

Nope. I don’t want my beautiful thoughts biased by player chatter

2 hours seems fast since many of us are playing during work down-time and might be slamming out work for hours at a time. I anticipated this being something we’d check a few times a day. I also didn’t plan to play on weekends for the most part.

Yeah, I think this is a work-day game, not an evening-and-weekend game. I didn’t mean to include hours outside of regular NA work hours.

Okay, what sort of time limit seems reasonable to you? Any? Or just wait and let everyone participate?

Not fully sure. Actually, maybe throw out the designated guesser and anybody can pick, but encourage cooperation. Just an idea. If the spymaster doesn’t respond for a day, skip their turn, if they don’t respond again then maybe you as game master can give the clue. (And that person wouldn’t be spymaster again unless they had a valid excuse.)

I think not having a designated guessed each guess is the best to avoid slowdowns. I think it should still be encouraged especially in the DMs for everyone to participate and all. I think for this game we should play as is though to see if it will actually be bad or just fine

I’m good giving designated guesser a go. But I think going forward, we could avoid slamming a word, and if somebody does so illogically we can all yell at them and if it’s malicious they wouldn’t be included again.

I think 2 hours is short. But I like the idea to skip. 3-5 hours is good with me.

can you be more explicit about what you mean by this?

Like,

• IPD gives clue
  • Immediately somebody says ITS THIS
    Versus at least a moment of
  • Hey guys, I think it’s this?

I mean if “spider” was on the board and you gave “arachnid” I’d probably go for it, but if it was fringe I would ask first and at least give a while.

Sure. The question is whether to prioritize having the game keep moving, or keeping everyone involved.

I promise any word slamming I do will include a PM and a time limit before I go rouge/official.

1 Like

Rouge? Rogue!

I kinda made up the “Designated guesser” rule because you said you touch the words without discussing it with your teammates. :wink: