Codenames!

Welcome to the first GoActuary edition of code names.

Team Red
@BruteForce – Spymaster
@soyleche – operative
@snoo – operative
@Snake – operative

Team Blue
@IPD – Spymaster
@Tiffany – operative
@Rastiln – operative
@John.S.Mill – operative

Operatives are “it” (and can guess for their team) in the order listed - one guess and then the nest person. (so if your team takes more than one guess in a round, all the operatives might participate.) Please put your official guess in BOLD CAPS

In this game, red will guess first, and has 9 words
Blue has 8 words
There is one assassin

The words are

Superhero
Lap
Tag
Gas
Queen

Embassy
Snow
PYRAMID
Satellite
Torch

Scientist
Smuggler
Shot
Washer
Tick

File
Pit
Pan
Missile
Tap

Turkey
Kiwi
Witch
Racket
Scuba diver

Words that haven’t been guessed are in Bold I will update this post to indicate which words are red, blue, or bystanders as the game progresses.

Remember that once a word has been guessed you can use it or a compound of it in a clue.

1 Like

Clues and guesses:

Red clue round 1
GOVERNMENT, 3
Embassy correct for red.
Queen correct for red
Missile a blue word

Blue’s clue round 1
CRIME, 5
Superhero correct for blue
Smuggler correct for blue
Racket correct for blue
Shot correct for blue
PYRAMID – assassin word

Red wins the game.

The rules are here

https://howdoyouplayit.com/codename-rules-how-do-you-play-the-codename-board-game/

I’d like to call out these rules for valid clues:

Your clue must be about the “meaning” of the word. You can’t give a clue towards its spelling or letter arrangements.

You may not use the number as part of the clue.

You may not use a foreign language to identify the word unless its a commonly used/accepted word in the language being used for the game.

You may not use a word that is an active codename in any of your clues. You may regain the use of that word if the codename is revealed. You may spell out your clue if it will help avoid confusion between two words that sound the same or if you don’t want to commit to a specific pronunciation of a word that has more than one meaning. Another player may also request a clue spelled out.

And I’m going to arbitrarily rule that proper names and common compound words are okay as clues, but homonyms, abbreviations, acronyms, and rhymes are not allowed.

ALSO, arbitrarily ruling that google isn’t allowed, either for cluing or for guessing.

1 Like

Reserved, because I’m sure I’ve forgotten something

I’ve assigned all the roles using my D&D synthetic opal dice. (Because I love an excuse to use them.)

The game is on.
@BruteForce , you can give the first clue.
Then @soyleche gets the first guess, and if there are more than one guesses to be made, @snoo goes next.

Note that the “guesser” can guess or pass on their turn.

@Lucy Love it, wish this wasn’t virtual since I’ve been wanting to get more into D&D. Although 2 campaigns at the same time is already a bit much.

I’ve shared the information of which words belong to which team with the spymasters, via DM. If there’s anything you need to get started, please let me know.

I had to reformat the secret info a little, to make it easier for the spymasters. So they are just starting now.

First word: GOVERNMENT, 3

Is there a format we decided on for words I give?

Yes, I suggested bold, all caps.

But maybe just bold is easier to type. Anyway, the first clue has been given. Team Red operatives, your turn. I suggest that you discuss it before @soyleche makes the first guess.

Edited to be all caps.

Ok, I’ll stop talking now

Government makes me think rank and file

Embassy

Oh - I guess I should have waited for discussion. I’m pretty confident though.

@snoo is at bat, now. snoo: discuss, then guess or pass.

QUEEN

Should I have discussed? Shooot… sorry… I will next time!