CL, EL, Cups and non-EPL League discussion

TOT solidifies their goal of winning nothing by getting knocked out of EFL Cup.

Not sure what Liv was doing. Started weird squad, didn’t score, won on penalties. Need a 5-0 this week.

OK, back to Other Leagues and Cups.
Lyon bought by a US investment fund.

Looking for North and South American footballers. Need to find a visa and a job for a parent of the player. Maybe that would skirt the rules about pre-adult players.

And, League Cup resumes this week. Tomorrow and Wednesday, actually. MCI v LIV on Thu.

MCI needed yet another match on their schedule, I guess.

Alright, FA Cup time! Which means, if you don’t have ESPN+, no matches for you!
MCI playing CHE again on Sunday, after beating them on Thursday.
Other Euro leagues are starting up as well, and some Cup matches.
Bundesliga is still on Winter Vaycay, which, see, this is something that The MLS could do.

All of today’s FA Cup matches were on my basic cable channels today but it is a competition I don’t have much interest in. However, sadly, I am unable to get any EPL matches on my cable sports channels.

MCI beat CHE for the third time this year.
So far.
Have a possible chance to beat them three more times, if meeting in the quarters or semis of UCL.

Eh, I thought he did this already?

Does that mean he is still going to play for LAFC?

Sounds like he is finished with LA. I expect he will be joining a Saudi Arabia club shortly….:blush:

Meanwhile EFL Cup tomorrow and Wednesday.
Yes, of course MCI is still in it.
And, unless you have ESPN+, not on your TV or phone.

And, ARS will visit MCI for their first meeting this year, in the FA Cup.

And, MCI gets a few days rest, getting ousted in the EFL Cup.

As a referee, I give no additional privileges nor responsibility to team captains, cuz LOTG. Then again, I’m at a far lower level, and refereeing yutes, and captains are generally chosen at random (“who hasn’t been captain yet?”) to be present at the coinflip and decide what to do if they win said coinflip.

Seems it is used by others to indicate a lot more clout or something. Again, soccer is not hockey, in which the captain and their alternatives are the only players allowed to speak with referees regarding rule interpretations, but I know referees even at my level who assign the captains this duty.

Anywho, Kylian Mbappe was chosen as the captain in a match, and some were surprised at that.

Vinicius Jr situation: how to resolve it? I mean, changing the minds of racists is difficult. But, when referees simply let shit happen to one player over and over, they can apply the laws as necessary (persistent infringement). And when dangerous shit happens the red card should be swift. Controlling the match and the safety of players should be a priority, but it doesn’t appear to be so for Vinicius Jr. Expect to see him in the EPL soon enough.

Oh well, Wrexham had a good run in the FA Cup. Currently first in their league, though, so likely movin’ on up! next season.

1 Like

You are right that you won’t change any minds. I hope the consequences of racist abuse from fans in the stadium is a lifetime ban. That would probably help curtail it.

Guardiola’s getting “bored with the Premier League” quote reminded me of Samuel Johnson’s “getting tired of London” quote.

1 Like

Well, Rio said that about Pep. Did someone say that Samuel Johnson was getting tired of London? if so, then apt.

You missed my point. I did not say Dr Johnson himself was tired of London: he certainly wasn’t. He said this derogatorily of other people. Pep is the other people with respect to the EPL so that is why I cross-referenced Johnson.

Not sure DTNF why I am bothering to explain this to you as we both know this?

1 Like