Biden Has COVID

might be the paxlovid.

2 Likes

Biden is in pretty good health for his age. Probably gene-related.
You, umā€¦

Remember the ride in The Beast to go wave at his supporters outside Walter Reed?

1 Like

I havenā€™t heard about crowds of Biden supporters cheering him on from outside the white house, but i really hope it didnā€™t happen because that was just weird.

Also, Biden doesnt have many supporters these days. :frowning:

Why would he? Even hyperpartisanship has its limits.

anyone democrat but Biden seems to be the bipartisan opinion

Not mine. Iā€™d much rather see Biden run for re-election than see Kamala Harris run. And itā€™s not clear which Dem would run if not Harris.

Iā€™d prefer Amy Klobuchar, but I doubt sheā€™ll run.

1 Like

why would you want Biden?

Better than any of the other realistic options. Certainly better than Trump, DeSantis, or Harris which seem like the only likely alternatives. Heā€™s the least bad of the bunch.

Biden is hyperpartisan? Heā€™s old and dull but i thought has not really rocked the boat much which i think is why people voted for him.

I guess he takes credit for good things and deflects on bad things which is an every politician sorry of thing to do. Compared to the rhetoric of his predecessor where things are the best/ greatest or the worst/ disaster based on party affiliation, he seems quite mild.

All of the republicans immediately reject anything he proposes, so he must be hyperpartisanā€¦

2 Likes

Most opinion polls still have him with a significant majority of Dā€™s supporting him.

The Rā€™s are nearly universally against him and the Iā€™s are where the change occurs.

> Republicans (94 - 2 percent) and independents (67 - 23 percent) disapprove, while Democrats approve (71 - 18 percent).

Republicans are hyperpartisan. Even like 8-10% of democrats would give Trump an approval. Biden was one of the most moderate candidates from the democrats. His policies are not extreme.

4 Likes

Well this is after super high inflation which everyone is blaming on Biden. Before that Rā€™s were a little higher.

Here is a graph I got from Reuters:

Approval by Party

1 Like

Yeah, I thought he was elected because he was NOT hyperpartisan.

Biden is basically a republican, like Hillary

But her emails.

2 Likes

People wanted Biden in 2020 because he was-

• Not Trump
  • Bland, boring, and safe, after a boisterous Trump. No crazy agenda.

Now that we havenā€™t had Trump for a few years, people donā€™t want Biden because he-

• isnā€™t seen as a strong leader. Afghanistan bungle broke a lot of goodwill and he was very unapologetic about it.
  • Inflation and what seemed like strong denial and lagging delay in addressing it
  • Gas prices. These soared. Biden cancelled the Keystone pipeline. It wouldnā€™t have helped yet since I donā€™t think it was supposed to be operational until 2023 at the earliest, but to the lay person there is a huge cause and effect there.
  • Baby formula fiasco and his ineptitude with that. This was huge among peers of mine with small babies.

We are in a different time. The uncertainty and upheaval that Trump and Covid brought are gone from day to day (Covid gets only 1% as a top issue in polls). Now people want someone to take charge since the all important ā€œare you better offā€ question is a resounding no. 2 years is forever in politics, but if the election were tomorrow the only person Biden could possibly beat is Trump, and that isnā€™t guaranteed.

1 Like

Add to it the war in Ukraine which the US and the rest of NATO completely bungled by first allowing it to be feasible for Russia, then later with ham-fisted sanctions which may be more effective at disrupting life in the US/EU than Putinā€™s Special Military Operation.

Bidenā€™s also drawn down the SPR to the lowest level since the mid-1980s as of recently, scheduled to continue dropping until October. Is Biden going to replenish it? Whatā€™s going to happen to gas prices then?

This administration is significantly more inept in fiscal and foreign policy than any administration I can recall, yes including Trump and with a shoutout to Jimmy Carter too. The fact that most Democrats donā€™t understand fiscal and foreign policy shouldnā€™t surprise anyone, but hyperpartisanship has its limits and more Democrats are coming around. What reason would Republicans as of now have to support Biden? Itā€™s been a total disaster, although certainly the media has not been as critical as with his predecessor.

2 Likes

I find it amazing that Biden can cause inflation in the US, the UK, even Japan!

1 Like