Biden Has COVID

This really is Biden’s fault. That was an unforced error. The problem was predictable (it was, in fact, predicted) and the administration’s response was too little too late. His advisors should have brought it to his attention as soon as the problems with that plant were known, and he should have instructed his administration to deal with it, and made it a priority.

2 Likes

Isn’t the point of the SPR to mitigate large fluctuations in the price of oil? Buy low, sell high?

I’m admittedly not an expert on oil policy so maybe my thought process is ludicrous, but based on my understanding this is not an outrageous use of it. If I’m wrong about that please enlighten me on why what Biden is doing is wrong.

Only that every Republican front-runner seems to be an evil enemy of democracy and of the Republic. But i agree that “voting against” is less persuasive than “voting for”.

It’s meant for emergency supply disruptions. Arguments ensue on what that means. Is it for high prices and polling numbers? Or more for actual emergencies like world war?

1 Like

It’s certainly unfair to pin it all on Biden, but he is not helping things. It’s been a global failure of political leadership, basically “uh oh, let’s shut everything down and print money” into “oops we didn’t realize it would mess things up this badly” and finally “ok how do we handle Putin now?” What is the next phase?

I mean, the Ukraine invasion isn’t a world war, but it is a war that seems to be at least partially responsible for supply disruptions, no?

1 Like

“Supply disruptions” in this context refers to the 1973 crisis which was an embargo by OPEC, not some self-imposed sanctions on Russia. The SPR was created in response to the 1973 embargo and IMO is more of an emergency than the current situation. I think it is true that the increase in gas prices is more severe in the current environment so like I said, arguments ensue.

My personal concern isn’t even around the efficacy in reducing gas prices, but instead a catastrophic error if political tensions manage to get even worse in the near future. It’s a potentially unnecessary weakness to create for our enemies. Still, it’s not a bad policy for Biden to pursue politically since “I told you so” is going to ring hollow in that situation. And such a scenario would certainly accelerate Biden’s “incredible transition” away from fossil fuels.

Just to be fair… we have had one really bad pandemic in any history that matters, and all the leaders are reacting in a way that yes, there is a lot of guessing among leaders. Many of the guessed the same way, so it’s hard to say that the outcomes could have been better if something else happened.

1 Like

What’s history that matters? Pandemics have been documented in history since Roman times. Some of them changed history in important ways.

1 Like

I’m thinking the history of pandemics where governments try to control inflation or other aspects of the economy. They are basically operating on what they know about normal business cycles with war as a key variable.

I don’t think anyone nailed it, but even coming close seems like an unrealistic expectation.

In other words, replace Biden with anyone and they probably failed the same way. Because no one was worried about inflation when the policies they are complaining about went into law.

And he’s back in the positive test club

Yup

But with no symptoms this time.

Wondered if he’d have paxlovid rebound.

I don’t know why I clicked on this thread, but this was one of the first things I saw in it. Did not age well IMO.

1 Like

And here I was thinking Biden caught COVID again…

4 Likes

Was it in the list at the bottom of the page which I thought was (and should be) recently posted-in threads? That will often have months-old threads.

What are you even talking about? Post aged very well. Sanctions didn’t have the intended effect, maybe even the opposite in the long term. Ukraine counteroffensive sputtering, Russia in defensive position, hopeless stalemate for at least the foreseeable future. Many more will die. Another foreign policy win by Biden!

I hear Ukraine is looking to extradite evaders from foreign countries to go die senselessly.

Do you believe negotiating with Putin is the solution? I think Prigozhin thought he would be able to make a deal him.

1 Like

Do you think finding all the Ukrainian men around the world and sending them to die is the solution?

Ethically, if you feel so strongly about it, I would say you should volunteer to fight yourself before committing others to die. Don’t you agree? Otherwise you’re in this completely untenable position where you’re advocating others die just so we don’t have to negotiate peace with Putin. You should feel bad.

Sounds like we have someone replacing secondlife to keep us up to date on RT articles.

Let us know when someone is actually extradited.

1 Like