Anti transgender legislative tracker

I agree with the fifth and third points. Everyone should get social support, and access to therapists. And I don’t think children should be getting body parts cut off unless there’s something really wrong with the parts. I’d be okay banning tattoos for people under 18, too. That’s why i think it’s awesome that puberty blockers exist, so kids can put off the physical disruption of puberty while they explore their options.

Sigh.

Yep, I agree as well. But of course this is just an opener for being able to brand non heterosexual folks as illegal deviants.
The conversation is different if the goal is to help kids who are struggling instead of blocking them.

1 Like

So, no abortions for teenagers either then?

Of course not - the baby farming industry needs more product

Need to keep cranking out those working class taxpayers.

Republicans to introduce a national bill banning any exposure to trans people for kids under 10 for any organization that receives federal funds. It would immediately result in job losses for teachers, doctors, nurses, and many other professional trans people.

Why do the Rs feel the need to make up bullshit instead of dealing with actual problems?

1 Like

They don’t have any ideas on how to deal with real problems. Those generally have more liberal solutions, and if that gets out, they’ll lose their jobs.

They’ve constructed a whole mountain of sexual topics, including stripping and sexual activity then just threw in gender identity right alongside. I think the implication is that if you’re teaching gender identity, then they’re as good as teaching 6yo’s about BDSM and bringing strippers into the classroom. Instead of it being teaching acceptance of other people, which seems a reasonable thing to teach kids.

The fact that this gets proposed publicly, by legislators really just emphasizes how hardcore the problem is in the US.

And if you’re against strippers in the classroom, then you’re against me. My calculus class could certainly use more nudity.

It would certainly help with remembering derivatives

wtf?!

I stopped updating this thread because it was just too much — there are well over 300 bills just in 2023. But a new bill is a terrifying new tactic. TN is looking to try to ban gender affirming care nationwide by refusing to allow any company that provides gender affirming care anywhere in the country to access TennCare (their medicare program)

It may backfire because TN is too small, but if it passes and survives courts, TX and FL would be a far bigger threat.

agree that there have been way too many shitty bills with shitty ideas that are just awful.

On all these bills across the country, exactly 0 Democrats have voted for any of them. The parties are not the same.

Yeah. The Democrats are way too willing to negotiate away our rights for other priorities, but they are at least neutral vs the pure evil of the GOP. I stand firm in my belief that Biden should just declare the entire GOP a terrorist organization and move straight to the end game here, because there isn’t any way this just fades away.

Mississippi is the third state to ban gender affirming care for kids/young adults entirely, forcing detransition on hundreds or thousands of kids.

FL is looking to essentially end insurance covering gender affirming care by requiring employers to provide lifetime de-transition coverage if they provide gender affirming care coverage.

Regarding FL, is that likely to make a difference given how few people choose to de-transition? Do insurers typically bother to put in a clause that a person can only transition once?

Yes, my insurer has made it very clear that they don’t cover detransition procedures and that I’m limited to one orchiectomy and one gender confirmation surgery per lifetime.

I literally laughed out loud when I got the pre-approval and they had a limit of 1 lifetime penis amputation…

3 Likes

this is an interesting over reach that could have broader implications, as i can’t think of any other healthcare provided where doing so burdens the insurer with treatments beyond the period of coverage. (outside of continuous IP confinement)

1 Like