Annoyed Thoughts--Other Drivers Edition

Should start learning on the decline. Then flat. THEN the incline.

As a volunteer opportunity, I was a parking attendant at the county fair last night. It is very obvious when you are trying to direct people driving cars in an open field that most people really have no idea on how to control their vehicle.

No, I don’t want you to park six feet away from the car that is already parked, I want you within two feet, like in a parking lot, so that we can get as many cars in here as possible. And why are you driving your husband’s dually to the fair in the first place?

If you can’t park it, don’t drive it.

2 Likes

I had to look that up.

Special section, as far away from normal cars as possible.

I’ve been looking at duallies lately, as I am considering also getting a trailer that would be too big for my SRW pickup to tow (Don’t look it up, SRW is single rear wheel)

tangent: “duallies” should be “quadrallies.” I SEE FOUR WHEELS!!!

Living trailer or working trailer?

Whoops, my neck is showing. I thought it was a common term.

2 Likes

lol. Funny enough, that’s basically what I was doing with them.

I dream of retiring with a 5th wheel trailer and a big pickup to tow it around with.

I used to want a motorhome. But I have revised the dream because a 5th wheel trailer provides more useable space. For $200k (100k each on a big truck and a 5th wheel) you get more usable living space than a 500k motorhome.

2 Likes

Yeah, but backing them up (beep-beep),…

I was going to make some type of comment like that when he brought up SRW. I was not aware trucks came with a single rear wheel.

Not exactly a truck, but I’m sure it can haul ass:

There’s some innumeracy with regards to labeling truck specs.

SRW and DRW refer to the single or double rear wheels on each side of the rear axle - not the total wheel count on the rear axle.

And dually trucks (DRW) that offer all wheel drive are merely referred to as 4x4 trucks, while I contend that they should be called 6x6 trucks.

I think 6x6 is the more legit label.

You don’t say!

Um, “axle.”

watched a dude back his 5th wheel into a smaller than reasonable campsite last year. last one, he got it, they apparently warned him it might be too small for his 5th wheel.

dude was GOOD at it. one try, it was perferct. I think he drives trucks w trailers for a job (based on the decals on his work/personal truck.

1 Like

People who do not get all the way left in a lane when turning left, but rather sit right in the middle. Thus preventing other drivers, who are continuing straight, from passing and continuing straight.

1 Like

People who “swing out” in the opposite direction when turning. No, your corolla does not require extra room requiring you to enter my lane to turn left across a 6 lane road with only 1 left turn lane.

I learned that kind of turn as a “farmer’s turn” due to farmer’s doing it out of habit because they are used to turning that way with a tractor.