Annoyed Thoughts--Other Drivers Edition

The first roundabout I ever saw was in Massachusetts just before getting into Cape Cod. Of course, I’m driving and it was as busy as all get out!!

On my first visit to Connecticut, I was driving along and saw a sign that read “rotary ahead”. My first reaction: “what’s a rotary?”

Fortunately, it wasn’t too busy. I only had a few crazed nutmeg drivers to worry about.

Look, kids! There’s Big Ben!!! There’s Parliament!!!

2 Likes

Some doofus behind me in a truck is looking up and down at his phone (I see this moron in my mirror), so I switch lanes (70 km/hour limit) to let this moron go far, far ahead of me. :unamused:

I think the two on the way to the Grand Canyon (south rim) are called “rotaries” as well.

Was it a Mazda RX-7? Those engines sound crazy when you spin them up

1 Like

What the hell does that mean. English, please.

1 Like

2 Likes

Obligatory rotary phone…

1 Like

Go buckle up and drive to Panera for lunch.

1 Like

Ain’t no one got time for buckling up.

Plus, today, I think Imma gonna head over to BK for lunch. Will be around there running an errand.

Iowa has 99 which is probably too many. And speaking of the Music Man, that originated in Iowa :slight_smile:

Well The Music Man takes place in (fictional) River City, IA.

But when the anvil salesman is trying (unsuccessfully) to warn Marian, the librarian, about Professor Harold Hill… at one point he cries out in exasperation: “that guy’s got a gal in every county in Illinois and that’s a hundred and two counties!!!”

Later a conflicted Marian asks Harold about it, saying that he must surely have had other girlfriends… maybe even a hundred.

So at one point I decided to check the counties in IL and discovered that 102 is the correct number.

2 Likes

I had to drive on the highway during morning and afternoon rushes today. I didn’t have far to go, but I did see some silliness.

1 Like

I was on the highway again yesterday. Some guy was in the off-ramp and suddenly merged back in about a foot off my back bumper. Two seconds later, he decided he wanted on the off ramp again. :roll_eyes:

Parking story:

I watch a guy park his car next to the last spot in a row. It is clearly NOT a parking spot because there are no yellow lines and he is potentially blocking the quick pick up spots in front of the sbux. As luck would have it, a police car pulls behind him and the cop goes to meet and greet this induhvidual. The cop just gives him a warning because buddy’s gf starts yelling at him full force! :laughing:

She was yelling at the parking-boyfriend or the police officer?

GF yelling at buddy: lady cop just warned him because she knew gf was gonna tear a strip off him!!! :laughing:

3 Likes

There was a long line of cars waiting in the left lane to turn left at a light. The right turn only lane had minimal traffic. A douchebag tried to cut the line and turn left from the right turn only lane, aggressively trying to get his bumper in front of mine. No chance douche. I gave him the finger to boot and looked like be was blowing his top about it.

3 Likes

I’m in a 4-way intersection where a single lane branches out into three: left turn, straight, right turn. I’m the front car in the “straight” line. There are multiple cars in every line.

Left turn arrow turns green and the front car in the right-turn line pulls way out into the intersection and turns left. WTF?!?!

2 Likes