Annoyed Thoughts--Other Drivers Edition

One-way to a two-way. :roll_eyes:

Dude rolled right over the cross walk, stopped for the car in the 2-way, and then made his left turn. :clown_face:

:flushed:

There’s a four-way stop inside the parking lot by the Wally-Mart: I’ve lost count of the number of people who do the rolling stop - and the idjits who just roll on through!!! :

Stop signs are suggestions.

I mentioned in the other annoyed thoughts, but few things driving annoy me as much as someone trying to merge onto the highway at slow speeds. You are endangering yourself, those on the highway, and everyone behind you in line to merge. I imagine the dipshits doing this think they are driving safely because they drive more slowly, but they are doing the opposite of being a safe driver.

2 Likes

I still have a few years to go before drivers ed, but I’ve heard that those merging onto a highway should use the onramp to get up to highway speeds before merging, and that it is their responsibility to find a place to merge into traffic, not the responsibility of those on the highway to make room for them.

Perhaps, but only assholes already on the highway don’t make an effort to facilitate the merge by either changing lanes (if low traffic), or changing speed if necessary to create a gap that can be merged into.

I’m coming up to a rise on a back road with my hi-beams on. I can see there’s a car’s headlights on the other side of the rise, so being the sweetheart that I am, I turn off my hi-beams. Just as I’m cresting the rise, doofus in the other lane turns his hi-beams ON!!! ******IN DOOFUS!!! :tired_face: :rage:

1 Like

The murderer was in the back of your car! The truck behind you with the high beams on was trying to help you the whole time!

3 Likes

The car was coming from the opposite direction.

And there was no murderer in the back seat!!! You kids and your imaginations!!! Now excuse me while I throw out the metal hook hand I found lodged in the door handle…

Metric to imperial: guy was doing 110 MPH in a 30.

Gotta get to bass Pro shops!

Another doofus put on his hi beams about 10 yards in front of me!!! :dizzy_face:

Night time in the HOV lane going 80 in a 70 and a guy in a real nice pickup comes up on me very quickly and tailgates me for a bit then swings out right into the fast lane, passes me and swings back into the HOV about as far ahead has he had been behind. I kindly flipped my brights on until he was far enough it didn’t matter any more and I then dimmed them. My wife was not amused.

1 Like

I had to drive by the school near my house at around 2:45. ****head parents are parked in the no stopping zones, parking in driveways, jaywalking, talking on their phones while driving ever so slowly… :unamused:

1 Like

The commentary is a bit meh, but the video, ooh laa laa

3 Likes

It’s been a while since I owned something with two wheels. Yesterday, at a roundabout, a woman in an SUV didn’t see me and just plowed right in front of me. Thankfully I saw her coming and stopped before she hit me.

1 Like

Roundabouts are…interesting.
I had someone hit me in a roundabout long time ago. Dude drove right into the side of me with a toyota urban assault vehicle.
Cops come, tell me it’s my fault. I disagree.
Insurance company calls, tells me they’re assigning 50-50 fault. I disagree. The underwriter tells me that they’re manager ‘drives through that roundabout twice a day, and I wasn’t allowed to be in that lane at that point’. I disagree. I get them on google streetview, scroll through until they can see the signs posted before the roundabout. Underwriter says they’ll call me back.
10 minutes later, they call me back, it’s 100% the other driver’s fault, 0% mine.
Some months later, someone disagrees with my assessment. So I went online and read the full rules. Turns out I was 100% at fault. I think the signs were wrong.
Anyway, poor guy got nailed with an insurance blackmark when it was actually my fault.

But now I know how to go through roundabouts properly, I’m real careful - because I’m confident that almost nobody else does. And if I’m doing it properly, I’m likely to get sideswiped again.

1 Like

I’m guessing your roundabouts (roundaboots?) might be a bit fancier than ours. Mine are all just one lane, really small ones, in residential neighborhoods. 'Round here, if anyone sideswipes me, it’s 100% their fault. I guess if I were going way over the speed limit maybe not, but generally.

In most small rotaries, the rule is that whoever is in the rotary has right of way. So if anyone is sideswiped, it’s always the fault of the person entering the rotary.

Also, watch @1695814 's video. Wow!

1 Like