Annoyed Thoughts--Other Drivers Edition

Each one has less power if there are more of them.

Might be more aggregate power though… not sure.

It’s certainly more aggregate cost if there are more of them.

1 Like

No you won’t.

I go by on the right.

That confused me too but I thought I must be reading it wrong.

You pass on the right… so why is it a problem if they are pulled over to the left? Wouldn’t that make it easier to pass them on the right?

Or is there a “not” missing from your post?

I thought you meant something like you were turning left off of the cross street and it made it hard to get around them to get onto the street they are on.

I’m confused now too.

Sorry. Fixed my post. They DO NOT get over as far as they can, just staying in the middle of the lane.

My bad.

1 Like

The more I read it, I’m thinking that “do” was meant to be “don’t”.

The word “do” isn’t really necessary in the sentence. But “don’t” would fit there and make sense.

ETA: Ninja’d!
ETA2: I was right!

Watch me

Oh, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks.

Well now my comment about seeing past the other guy doesn’t make sense…

:wink:

When I learned to drive many of the rural roads I drove on didn’t have lines and we just took our half of the road out of the middle because there was rarely anyone else driving on the road. If there was someone we would move over. On many of the 2 way roads with a line down the middle we would still take our half out of the middle. The joys of growing up rural.

The town I grew up in had about 4400 people when I was born and 7900 when I graduated HS and left. Now it has over 70,000 people. I don’t really enjoy going back. Things have changed so much. Can’t drive that way anymore.

I’m no stranger to not having visual on the roads themselves due to snow, you just try to stay between the mailboxes and not go into a ditch or hit somebody. But people driving on the lines consistently bugs me so much.

1 Like

Passed a couple of these today. I’m pretty sure they were all prepping for U-turns.

How the hell did we get this far and no one mentioned the obvious one:

People driving on a multi-lane highway in the left lane like it’s their personal road, going no faster than speed limit (and usually 5 under).

On my way home just now, I saw a guy make a left on a red light. :unamused:

I had a driver this week… he got into the left turn lane for three consecutive blocks, then proceeded to go straight each time. He nearly hit me the first time, after that I gave him some room. He then made an illegal U-turn in the middle of a busy street. He was also driving over the center line at times, I’m pretty sure he was impaired. My wife called the police, but when he made the U-turn I lost him.

Was it a one-way to a one-way?

3 Likes

I mean, I do this, but I’m turning from a one-way street onto another one-way street so it’s a legit thing to be doing.

1 Like