Annoyed Thoughts--Other Drivers Edition

Neighbour left his car with a flat tire on the side of the road; a tow truck just arrived.

ETA: The other car in the driveway was towed. :man_shrugging:

I was driving behind a police officer who failed to signal a turn at 2 consecutive intersections

3 Likes

5 Likes

My neighbour raced out of her driveway the fastest I’ve seen yet!!! :grimacing: :dizzy_face: :exploding_head:

1 Like

I’m coming up to a 4-way stop about the same time as a delivery van. I was about to wave buddy through, but he slowed down some and went merrily on his way through. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

He’s not your buddy, pal!

2 Likes

I was drivin’ here, mack!!!

1 Like

I went to Doller Tree to get more gauze pays and non-stick wrap for the dog. There’s a popular cafe in the same shopping area. A bunch of cars were stuck in 4 directions from someone waiting to cherry-pick a close spot.

2 Likes

I was on the right, I get to go first.

Your wrong, i was right.

I’m making a left to get on to the highway on-ramp when I look across and see a car in the right turn lane for the same on-ramp. The teenaged driver decided he wanted to go straight instead and slowly rolled through the intersection. :meep:

General driving tip: If the highway has 3 lanes, and two of them are completely empty, and I am going above the speed limit in the middle lane, it is legal to pass me instead of tailgating me for 2 miles.

2 Likes

Hard to believe, but there are some states where what you did was illegal. Stupid but true.

1 Like

“Get off my … lane??”

2 Likes

My daughter had her first applied physics lesson yesterday. Ding bat parent drove his kid to school, but pulled into the exit end of the drive line to drop off his kid, then backed out into the road without looking, resulting in an encounter with my daughter’s school bus. The bus won. And more importantly, no one was hurt except for the dad’s deductible and possibly future premiums.

Irony of it is that the kid normally rides that very same bus. I don’t know why he wasn’t on it yesterday.

Oh, and it’s really clearly marked, plus you can tell from all the other cars, how to go through the drive through line should you want to waste your time doing so.

3 Likes

Guessing kid missed the bus. And it is faster to get to school without all those stops. My mom would try to get ahead of the bus and drop me off at a stop before it left our subdivision.
Looking back at where I used to live, now I would be able to walk to new schools built near my old home. The cow fields are gone.

Yeah the bus pretty much always wins according to my bus driver husband.

I swear parents lose their minds in those drop off/pick up lines. I quit using them after my daughter had a near miss from a driver making up his own lane just as she was getting out of the car. After that I dropped her off at a church on the other side of the school. It was situated such that she didn’t have to cross the drop off line.

Man, that was 15 years ago and still gets my blood pressure up just to think about what almost happened.Dude took off so fast he literally could have killed her if I hadn’t screamed at her to wait. I must have seen him out of the corner of my eye.

2 Likes

“Mom-dar.”
Yup, my wife would park the car up the street, walk to the school, walk with the kids back to the car. Everybody (except me) gets exercise! At the middle school, wife would park at the grocery store lot, kids would walk to her. Queuing is for suckers.

3 Likes

Heh, yep, been there, done that!

That’s what I do too. My middle schooler loves it, partly because it means that she gets to walk a couple blocks with her bff.

2 Likes