Annoyed Thoughts--Other Drivers Edition

you saw her rollin. you hatin

1 Like

2 Likes

I think I found your problem right there

4 Likes

It’s winter up here. I saw at least 2 cars on the road whose back windows were completely covered in snow. :roll_eyes: :angry:

A street very close to my house is narrow and short. Dumba$$es treat it like a one way street all the time for some unknown reason. Had to wait for a moron yesterday that was driving mostly on the wrong side of the road, preventing me from turning onto the street.

4 Likes

people who feel the need to back into spaces in a shopping center parking lot.

It takes you a lot longer to back into that spot than it is for you to back out. (And thus make we wait longer while you try to navigate your oil-tanker of a car (or at least that’s how you maneuver it) in between the other vehicles.

2 Likes

more common it seems among the huge SUV/pickups. I get backing out is hard. I wish they had their own lot far away (or closer, i don’t care) so i wouldn’t have to back out totally blind bc the air craft carrier parked next to me

If I can quickly back in, that’s my preference.

Even the Hammersmith variety?

Answer: Never approach it. That would be my stragety

With my backup camera, I think it’s easier/safer to back up into a known-to-be empty parking space I can see than trying to slowly back out between two vehicles unable to see if traffic is coming. As far as I’m concerned you can wait for my backup arrival…

1 Like

I’m stopped at a light in the through lane, with a left turn lane next to me. When the light turns green, I go straight through and the guy behind me… makes a left. :roll_eyes:

My neighbour comes racing out of her driveway in the morning!!! I should remind her she’s a grandma now!!!

1 Like

And she doesn’t live in Pasadena.

2 Likes

Oh man! How am I just discovering this thread.

This morning’s adventure was the log truck going 18mph for several miles in the 45 zone.

Oh! And also the cars right behind the log truck that refused to pass it.

1 Like

IMO this is an even bigger problem than the truck itself.

#1 - I’m stopped at a red light and I see buddy barely slowed down for the red and just blazed through making a right. If he had been a little slower, he would have connected with the truck going through the green light.

#2 - Lady doing her make up rolling a car length into the intersection on a red light. I gave her a dirty look as I made my left.

Last night I saw someone driving with no lights on. It’s a weekly occurrence here and I don’t know why.

1 Like

Is there a standard way to alert another driver that one of their headlights is out? I see that too often and I’d hate to not know myself.

I usually flash my brights. I believe if enough people do it, they might eventually think that instead of “everyone else is crazy,” maybe “there is something up with my car.”
No, I do not worry about some urban myth.
The issue with my car is that the lights go on automatically, even in the off position. The day running lights are always on as soon as I disengage the parking brake, and when it’s dark enough, the real lights go on. I cannot turn my lights off and on to notify someone that their headlight(s) is (are) not on (which should be the standard signal).
I blame Canada, where my car was mostly built.

1 Like