Annoyed Thoughts--Other Drivers Edition

moran

(Just kidding, but if you quote you’ll see how to get around that little “feature” that the Space Lobster added.)

1 Like

I see that dozens of times every morning. I once saw a police officer without the headlights on…it was about 6:00AM. I wanted to give her a ticket.

1 Like

The crusty crustacean put in an auto-fix for that speeling. See also twig’s post above.

Is that something space lobster did? It just a Discourse thing?

Pretty sure SL did it. He talked about it when the site was relatively new.

1 Like

Indeed. See the parenthetical statement near the end of this post.

1 Like

I was at an old car show this weekend. I’m coming up to a 4 way stop to make a right turn. This maroon in a lime green Dodge Charger guns it, fishtails on my left side and blazes through the intersection!!! :face_with_peeking_eye: :grimacing: :exploding_head:

This is the same guy who politely let me in to a line of cars leaving the park, so I don’t what the fluff was going on in his head!!! :roll_eyes: :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Oh, he hinted at it somewhere else but didn’t outright say he did it. Anyway, yeah that’s pretty definitive.

2 Likes

:clown_face: :-1:

2 Likes

Mental note: things not to do this weekend

1 Like

i now use the state farm. and their app. says I don’t corner well. i have questions…but mainly, am I the other driver?

So, if I have higher average lateral acceleration, I corner poorly? I think your value judgement is wrong :grin:

I would suppose their “rating” correlates your measurable movements with claims outcomes. Doesn’t tell you if you are good at driving, just that you drive like folks who have higher claims. Of course, that is just guessing from an SOA guy.

I pass through an intersection that goes downhill afterward. I see a guy stopped ahead and signalling: an ambulance is coming up the hill with the flashing lights. Two maroons behind me almost passed me, but stopped next to me.

The lanes were nice and wide, but still the maroons coulda stopped sooner!!! :angry:

Are those University of Chicago Maroons?

1 Like

No, there were just 2 maroons. Add 3 more and you will get lots of Sugar.

Big problem in our town - there is finally a tip line set up for this but not holding my breath it will do much.

1 Like

I’m stopped at a red liht and there’s a guy on a motocross bike in the left turn lane next to me. The light turns green and buddy pulls right in front of me. :roll_eyes:

Did he go straight, or did he make a right turn?
That’s the difference between jerk and jerk with a death wish imo.

Straight. I watched him as he hugged the yellow line behind a couple of other cars.

Might he have been filtering?