Annoyed Thoughts--Other Drivers Edition

And I just saw a nice convertible 'vette - in lemon yellow. :roll_eyes: :man_facepalming: :-1:

We have several of them on campus here at UCSB. It’s always a bit of chaos in the fall when a new crop of students show up, but they figure it out pretty quickly.

2 Likes

Big :peach: truuuhk slowed down a bit for the 3 way stop, but rolled right on through!!! :unamused:

1 Like

I am stopped at the intersection in the through line on a red light. There’s 2 motorcyclists in the opposite left hand turn lane. When the light turns green, the fluffheads on the motorcycles immediately make their turns. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Traveling on a highway with a single lane in each direction and the car in front of the car in front of us does a mad pull off in a fairly weird place to the right lets the car in front of us pass and then pulls back onto the road right in front of us having slowed down significantly. He was trying to be a nice guy and let the car behind him that was wanting to go faster than him but couldn’t find a passing lane, pass, but he didn’t see us and nearly caused an accident.

1 Like

Pass some construction on a multilane highway in rh lanes, and move over to exit lane for next exit. Mild congestion before passing the zone, but nothing ridiculous. A car swings in behind me and rides me so tight i thought driver was in my back seat. I take it easy on the off ramp, not slowing down too rapidly, and driver doesn’t create any space. The car follows me at my turn onto a winding residential 25mph road, still feeling me up. I begin to wonder if i pissed them off and is this how I am going to die in a road rage shooting. Finally they turn at a light. I was planning on driving past my destination to lose them if necessary.

3 Likes

I hit 3 - count 'em - 3 roundabouts today!!! I even signalled left going into the roundabout to take the far left exit!!! :innocent: :arrow_left:

2 Likes

Oh, I hit 3 roundabouts on my 2.6 mile drive to work every day. I don’t know what proper turn signal etiquette is though.

1 Like

I’m driving along when I see about a dozen motorcyclists zooming along. They’re all wearing jackets, except for Mr. Too Cool for the Road in a t-shirt. At the red light, Mr. TCR pulls a burnout and jumps up and down on his seat. :roll_eyes: :unamused:

1 Like

Carmel, IN replaced most of their traffic lights with roundabouts - wish more towns did that. Lots of time wasted at traffic lights, especially at night and weekends when there is little traffic.

5 Likes

Traffic light is out at a relatively busy intersection. People don’t know how to deal with it as a 4 way stop and/or don’t recognize that the light is out and don’t stop. I’ll be refreshing my back roads memory to avoid it on my way back.

1 Like

I ended up going further out of my way to avoid construction and idiots but it turns out that’s everywhere.

1 Like

It’s dusk and I’m coming up to a 3-way stop by my place. Some maroon had those LED lights with both the low- AAAAAND hi-beams on!!! :dizzy_face: :face_with_spiral_eyes: :confounded:

2 Likes

‘Round here we have the opposite problem, about once a week I see someone driving well past dark with no lights.

I like that spelling. It keeps autocorrecting when I spell it as m-o-r-a-n. Even if I type Jerry moron of Kansas.

1 Like

Did you know there is also a town in Kansas with that name? I took this last time I passed through.

2 Likes

Was pulling in to drop the dog off at the kennel. There are 6 regular spaces and 1 handicapped space right by the door. There is more parking on the other side of the building. Some douchebag backs out of the handicapped space where they had parked, hangs out for a minute, then pulls crosswise across the 3 remaining parking spots blocking them all and proceeds to make calls on speakerphone. Note that they didn’t have handicapped plates or a hang tag either.

moran

(Just kidding, but if you quote you’ll see how to get around that little “feature” that the Space Lobster added.)

1 Like

I see that dozens of times every morning. I once saw a police officer without the headlights on…it was about 6:00AM. I wanted to give her a ticket.

1 Like

The crusty crustacean put in an auto-fix for that speeling. See also twig’s post above.