Alyssa's FAQ

just stay home and order some nice food and have a cozy family pre-party

In case I forget to say this Monday night, good luck. I’m excited for you and hope it goes well.

4 Likes

Thank you!

Ditto! Best wishes, i hope everything goes smoothly, and you recover quickly.

1 Like

Best wishes!

1 Like

Thanks all! COVID test this morning — last hurdle.

4 Likes

May everything go medically uneventful!

You should not say that before the procedure. Due to potential jinx? Because the sentiment is bad? No, it should be “uneventfully”

I assume it will be personally very eventful.

All good to go!

11 Likes

Everything went well! It really happened! :smiley:

19 Likes

Yay! That’s great news.

1 Like

Wow! Congrats!

Anything you want to complain about to a group of people who don’t matter too much. (That is, us.)

1 Like

Not really. Hospital rooms are full so still in recovery, but I do have a real bed not a stretcher so comfortable if loud.

1 Like

You feel different?

Swift recoveries! - from your boss

Home and resting somewhat comfortably. Catheter is a pain, but I can live it for 5 days.

Do I feel different? Right now, it’s just a sense of relief and joy that it happened. Once all the dressings come off and the swelling goes away and stuff, I’m sure there will be some more emotions too. I have a brand new bathing suit (without a skirted bottom) to try on in a few weeks once I’m feeling up to it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How are the kids doing through all this?

Pretty good. My daughter’s friends all think it’s cool that she has 2 moms, my son is supportive and the friends I know well all have supportive parents. They are pretty flexible and easygoing, so they enjoyed having the babysitter 2 nights ago.

2 Likes

This is all going in a detail spoiler. Post surgical stuff within, read if you want to.

Post GCS surgery

So, all the tubing and packing and catheter came out today. So I came home as just me and could see myself for the first time. It’s all a little overwhelming, but the joy is so real. It’s really happened, and I can tell once the aggressive swelling and bruising goes away she’s going to be perfect and I’m so amazingly happy.

Also urinated for the first time and that was an experience. Almost peed myself because the feeling of needing to go is so different my brain didn’t process it until it was URGENT. But I’m sure I’ll get used to it.

5 Likes