All Eyes on Georgia

Kelly Loeffler’s WNBA team wearing shirts supporting her opponent

2 Likes

So I’m reading more about Loeffler and she sounds like a real nut job. Holy Cow, no wonder her team doesn’t want her in office!

Highlights: proud of her “100% Trump voting record” … supposedly the only Congress Critter who can make such a claim

Co-owns Atlanta’s WNBA team and told her players not to wear BLM paraphernalia or shirts reading “Say Her Name”. Told them to wear shirts with American flags instead.

Blamed China for Trump and Melania getting Covid.

Frequently appears maskless at campaign events.

Violated federal law by soliciting campaign donations in the US Capitol.

Claims she knows nothing about QAnon.

Claims she is unaware of Trump’s “grab ‘em by the pussy” statement.

Vote her out!!!

Sounds like the majority in the GOP right now, well, except for the WNBA team.

Seems pretty extreme even among the subset of Republican Senators.

She is bragging about being to the right of all of her colleagues.

Rand Paul sponsored legislation bearing Breonna Taylor’s name, so he is certainly not afraid of saying her name, for example.

Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham, hardly pillars of the anti-Trump reasonable middle ground, have criticized Hawley and others for challenging the electoral vote count.

Romney voted to remove Trump from office.

Collins voted against Trump’s SCOTUS pick.

Murkowski has been rather critical of Trump.

All in all 39 of 50 Senate Republicans are NOT planning to mount a challenge to the election results.

So I don’t think she sounds just like the majority of the GOP at all. She sounds like she is at the far right extreme of a group that is already too far to the right to begin with.

She’s also worse than average for conflicts of interest in a group that is already bad for conflicts of interest (coronavirus stock actions).

1 Like

The 2 GA Senators have really hitched their wagons to Trump. Seems like a tactical mistake to me given that GOP candidates outperformed Trump in the general election almost across the board.

1 Like

Fair enough, it just seems like the entire GOP has struggled to distance themselves from Trump other than some isolated incidents. I didn’t hear about her bragging she was right of everyone else. I thought during one of the debates she danced around some questions about her support of Trump.

If they don’t get Trump’s base to show up, they lose. Or they get primaried next cycle with a QANON supporter that wins Trump’s base.

I think what she was saying on the campaign trail was that she was the only Congress Critter who voted the way Trump wanted Congress Critters to vote 100% of the time. Every other one had gone against Trump at least once*. So that’s not exactly the same thing as “to the right of everyone else” but it’s close.

*According to her anyway. I haven’t fact-checked the statement. But whether it’s true or false, the fact that she thinks the claim is a point in her favor says all you need to know.

This is going to be a problem for Republicans in the future IMO. The further away from this we get Republicans will be able to win primaries with Trump’s base but they won’t be able to win elections in a lot of places.

It’s in one of her crazy ads.

Might be what she is claiming but she avoided the vote to override his veto of the defense funding bill. Didn’t vote to override, but didn’t vote as he wanted either.

1 Like

Fair point, which brings me to:

All the lines I am seeing show about 50/50 on both of these races.

Does that mean both Rs win by 5 pts?

It means both GOPs won by 5 points, but there is massive, unprecedented fraud, and that is why the Dems stole the elections by 1% of the vote.

Please, try to keep up with the Trumpnanigans.

Or I like to tell my fellow R’s when they bitch about elections: “face it, they cheated better than us”.

Trumpkin or not, you cant really deny that polling in 2020 was heavily bias toward one side.

Was it? I think the big takeaway is there’s large margin of error on state polling.

That said, I haven’t actually done a state by state analysis and I remember some bold ones, like WI I think.

How does polling, or bias, affect anything?

I should have specified, yes, state polling was off. I think national level polling was a little closer to actual result.