All Eyes on Georgia

Political commercials are virtually non-stop in GA now. Apparently if you vote for Ossoff/Warnock, you are voting to end employer provided health insurance, you won’t be able to see your doctor ever again, most hospitals will close, and the police will be completely disbanded and our society will descend into anarchy.

Also, they hate puppies!!!
And, a Black and A Jew!!

1 Like

awwww.

As long as we are posting puppy pictures here’s the pup I rescued a few weeks ago. She currently holds her ears in a funny way like she’s doing in this pic.

I did the genetic testing thing with her. She’s roughly 1/2 German Shepherd, 1/3 Lab, 1/6 Border Collie

4 Likes

Definitely seeing more Republican ads on TV, wonder if they are outspending the dems or just that sports fans are not a target market for the dems?

You’d think that purple folks watch sports just as much. need to be reminded what a grossly incompetent president we had, and that he prefers bootlickers to competent American citizens, and that they (voters) should not let these Senators keep their jobs.

Yet more proof that dems suck at advertising - I’m not sure Biden would have won without the Lincoln Project.

Is the Lincoln Project trying to get rid of these TrumpStamps?

Trafalgar Group new poll has both D’s with narrow leads in GA. That surprises me, as Trafalgar is normally GOP leaning among pollsters.

Huh. I haven’t been following this race, assuming the R’s would win easily.

I figured it would be close like the November election was but Republicans would win. It’s possible Democratic ground game can pull it off since Biden actually carried the state by ~12k votes. But I’m not getting my hopes up yet.

i think that the republicans will win. i’m not getting my hopes up at all. i’m a pessimist in general though. i was pretty sure trump would win the election, and he didn’t. but with georgia, the sum total of votes for the republican senator candidates were higher than the democrat and i didn’t think it was even close, so i don’t really see how the dems can win in a runoff. it will be awesome if they do though.

The only reason I have any hope is that I’m thinking there might be enough Trumpkins who actually believe in the stolen election theory and stay home that R totals may drop. Otherwise yeah both Rs “won” with pluralities that were that close so when taking out other candidates it’s likely Rs will go over 50%

I said it earlier in this thread, and my opinion hasn’t changed. A D victory would take a monster ATL turnout and some GOP folks staying home. I think both GOP candidates are narrow favorites. That’s why that Trafalgar poll surprised me.

Turnout is already a record for a runoff and we haven’t hit election day yet. There are some promising signs for the D’s in early voting, but I am not excited about that yet as we saw in the general that many Trump supporters will only show up on election day and not use early voting.

Nearly 2.6 million votes have already been cast in GA, so this election is going to crush the prior record runoff vote total of 2.3 million. The current total includes 853k votes by mail out of 1.4 million that requested absentee ballots.

Today is the last day of early voting here. Someone tweeted out this crazy line for early voting in Cobb County in NW metro Atlanta:

Is this voter suppression? To me it’s not, as people had weeks to vote with minimal lines and chose to wait until the last day.

In my county (link in quoted post above) there are minimal wait times today at most locations. Most of Atlanta city proper is in my county. One location near me has a 1 hour wait time right now. Is that voter suppression, when people could drive 10 minutes (or take the train or bus) and vote with no wait nearby?

I do think GA has had real problems with voter suppression in recent years, and particularly with Kemp’s purge of voter rolls and the “perfect match” name criterion that was in place. Because GA has had some real problems with access to polls, I feel more compelled to call out occasions where I think it’s being exaggerated.

Wait, what?

Election Day is January 5. You can early vote until 5 days before the election and then nothing until Election Day???

That’s bizarre! I’d never heard that before. What’s the rationale for not allowing early voting January 2-4?

January 1 I’ll give you, as it’s a holiday. But why not January 2-4???

My state does much the same. I assume it’s so the election officials can process all the early votes before they get the deluge of election-day votes. Anyway, at least in my state, it’s very well advertised, so I see no issue with it.

Not really sure why they cut off early voting the week before the election, but they always do it that way here. Like Lucy said, the early voting dates and locations are well publicized so I don’t have an issue with it. I’m sure that they need some time to redistribute the machines from the early voting locations to the election day locations, but I imagine that can be done in a day or 2.