All Eyes on Georgia

The election continued to show that turning out your base is how you win, imo. So not factoring that in to however you think about the GA senate runoffs is a mistake I think.

I do not understand this forum software.

you’ll get used to it. it’s pretty good.

1 Like

I’m guessing that your immediate complaint is quoting… like maybe you were expecting my post to automatically be quoted in your reply to it.

1. If you want to include the whole post in your reply, after hitting the “reply” button then in the upper left-hand corner there is a quote bubble that you can click on and the whole post will show up.

2. An alternative way is to highlight the text you want to quote and then a “quote” option will appear. You can do this multiple times if you want to multi-quote. It’s weird to get used to, but makes it easier to quote only a snippet of the post rather than quoting the whole thing and deleting what you don’t want.

Definitely takes some getting used to, but the new software is growing on me.

ETA: You can’t quote the post immediately preceding your own in full… the software doesn’t seem to allow that. So you can quote a snippet, or just not quote it. If you try, the software will edit your post and remove the quote.

And if you want to quote, you can’t put anything else on the line with the [quote] or [/quote]. That makes the software angry.

It’s not so much a case of suppression as it is the Republicans are trying to create a few more hoops for people to jump through in the registration and voting process. Both Trump and the Georgia house speaker have been quoted as saying that getting more people voting would hurt Republicans. Democrats responded to this tactic by bringing on people to help voters jump through these hoops, using the term “voter suppression” as a rallying cry to get people to vote. Certainly was effective.

In the past, a Trump endorsement in a race where he’s not also on the ballot has not been that helpful for the candidate. It’s going to come down to which side doesn’t care the most and stays home. Hard to say at this point.

Well, expecting those tactics to work (via studies and such) is tantamount to to suppression.
“Hey, let’s close down polling places in these areas, but not those areas. People won’t go to vote in these areas as a result, which will help us win!”
Yeah, I call that suppressing the vote.

What is your definition of voter suppression exactly?

Wrongfully taking away someone’s right to vote

lol looks like someone doesn’t know what voter suppression is.

voter suppression -

3 Likes

Hell when SC changed the times that polls are open to be the same for everyone across the entire state it was deemed in violation of the voting rights act. No one’s right to vote was taken away but this was a very clear case of voter suppression because the change adversely affected people in minority communities ability to get to the polls during the open hours.

I can’t even

Voter suppression is a strategy used to influence the outcome of an election by discouraging or preventing specific groups of people from voting… The tactics of voter suppression range from minor changes to make voting less convenient, to physically intimidating and even physically attacking prospective voters, which is illegal.

It’s not like people show up in “Suppress the Vote” t-shirts and block the doors…

1 Like

OK, so Loeffler is throwing the anti-Israel card down on Warnock.

Some of the Trump nutters like Sidney Powell and Lin Wood are encouraging Republicans to boycott the GA runoff until a “fair” election process is put in place. :rofl: I’ve also seen some advocating for Trump loyalists to write-in his name for both races in protest.

Over the weekend Gingrich was retweeting Lin Wood silliness, then this week tweeting that this pair is completely destructive. The GOP really are eating their own over this Trump fake election stuff.

20201203_085353 20201203_085356

Video from Lin Wood/Sidney Powell event telling supporters not to vote GOP in runoff. https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1334227769115484161?s=19

That may the first smart thing they’ve said in a month.

Hey, Newt: Every non-Magahat (“h” is silent) Georgian who cares about all Americans MUST vote in the runoff.

Early voting went so smoothly in the general election that I’m definitely doing it again. As long as you didn’t go the first day of early voting the waits in my area were negligible.

Due to scheduling the mega voting center they did at State Farm Arena for the general will be split this time: first week at State Farm, second week at Mercedes Benz Stadium

A local political reporter decided to start tracking all of the tweets by all candidates in GA congressional and senate races. It’s searchable. This is a nice public service.

I early voted today and there was zero line. Wife did yesterday and reported the same. Looks like wait times for early voting have been pretty minimal in most locations. Here’s a live link of estimated wait times in my county, and as I write this only one spot has a wait time over 30 minutes. https://fulcogis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/6ec69e7c9eb84b31865fb2a71f4ba667