Advice needed. Best Halloween candy

Part of the reason we have a wide variety is to accommodate food allergies, especially peanut and dairy.

1 Like

King sized Kit Kat

1 Like

I was just going to ask everyone in the thread if no one worries about peanut allergies anymore.

Great minds think alike, eh?

I’d like to be handed one of the Ritter Sport chocolates. However, I don’t know that most kids would prefer that over candy brands they are familiar with and I wouldn’t spend that much on Halloween handouts that I’d consider those.

I will point out that exactly one kid has responded to this thread, and she said:

Always have a separate bowl of airheads at my house for this. Sometimes dont have any peanut candy at all. Have food allergies in my family so I try be be good about it.

1 Like

Despite Vinay Prasad’s accusations of healthcare creating situations to admit patients that otherwise wouldn’t need to, really don’t want to cause anaphylaxis.

1 Like

My son had peanut allergies (successfully underwent immunotherapy so he can [and must] eat peanuts now), so we are aware of the challenges of Halloween. We give out glowsticks in addition to having an assortment of candy that typically includes smarties and gummy candies in addition to the chocolate and let the kids choose themselves. The kids seem to like the glowsticks. We went through the candy haul and swapped out peanut containing candy with either his sister’s haul or our leftover candy after the fact.

2 Likes

Seems every time I decide to give out what I like, there is never anything left to give out if I buy it before the day, or after if I buy it on the day. And of course, vice versa.

Are you a Teal Pumpkin house?

I’ll add that to my survey, but I’m looking for n > 1 in my sample size.

Before anyone asks, also looking for n > 2, n > 3, … preferably n > 50. Which is why I’m going to force a kid to go do some research on this in the area have an intern work on this for me.

Intern = kid. :judge: :man_judge:

1 Like

I may have to put this in the Insignificant Signals thread!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I’ll 2nd (3rd? 4th?) reese’s pieces.

Otherwise, I’d say chocolate covered candy bars with some kind of filling >>>> everything else.

2 Likes

don’t forget Ferrero Rocher!

This thread just reminded me that I own a Grinch costume. That answers what I’m going to wear when I hand out candy.

3 Likes

This one’s snot a bad choice

Other good options are crunchy frogs and spring surprise

1 Like

You do take the bones out, don’t you?

2 Likes

So… OddSox bought a bag of Halloween candy yesterday and I quote “The thought didn’t even occur to me that you would be in here eating the candy… I just thought, yup, I’m getting candy now for Halloween.”

lolno. Are we even married bro.

Candy contents: Milky Way, Snickers, Twix, and 3 Muskateers. They are VERY mini (like Pot of Gold corner chocolate mini).

ETA: There is already a pile of wrappers on my desk.

1 Like

Is Pot of Gold another one of those things you can’t get in the US? I haven’t heard of it.