Advice needed. Best Halloween candy

one of the houses a few doors down from my parents house has a huge halloween display, with animated dead people in a graveyard with music and goulish sounds. people are coming up in their cars to see it.

whatever candy they have on halloween can only be a disappointment compared to their display.

I’m so glad my parents do not live next door to these people or near the people a few blocks down where they had a dude sitting in the middle of the street with a projector aimed at his garage showing some video with really loud music playing that i could hear from a block away.

the display on my parents street is cute, as long as you don’t live next door. the one a few blocks away was obnoxious.

So a coworker had us try this, and it works pretty well. If you eat peanuts with candy corn (I can’t remember the ratio, but it’s probably 3-4 halves per piece of candy corn), it tastes like a Payday bar.

Definitely. It’s delicious. I go for a roughly 50-50 mix.

I might be down to 35ish… :elephant:

I’ve never heard of this but I can sort of imagine it… going to have to try this.

I tried the Take 5 today based on the suggestions in this thread. It was pretty good, definitely a step above most other common major candies.

2 Likes

Spoilered because of S-word.

2 Likes

dammit! i spoke too soon. my building IS having trick-or-treating. well, i’m not participating.

I bought another 50 pack.

For the kids, ya unnerstand…

5 Likes

I opened a bag of KitKats today. Big mistake.

2 Likes

I broke into a bag of Skittles for “incentives.” Thankfully I don’t have strong feelings on Skittles.

I did find an open bag of Reese’s peanut butter cups stuffed in the back of the cabinet tho.

1 Like

I don’t either, but when I was quite younger I found that putting a whole handful into your mouth at one time is quite delicious. True story.

monster. i segregate my piece candy. like the skittles. i like most candy.

Yes, I’m flavorist when it comes to Skittles. I eat only one color at a time. First lime (as the most inferior Skittle flavor), then lemon then orange and finally cherry and grape. I will sometimes mix it up whether I finish with cherry or grape. Probably more often cherry before grape but that’s more because then I’m moving through the colors in color-wheel order than an actual preference of flavors.

Isn’t lime apple now?

Toss the lemon, toss the lime/apple. Usually toss the orange, too. Cherry and grape can be eaten together, or separately.

1 Like

That sounds very time consuming, I inhale them all as quickly as possible, ain’t nobody got time to sort.

We should share our Skittles. I’ll happily give you all my cherry in exchange for your lime. Lime is by far the best flavor.

Oh, right. That’s why i haven’t bought Skittles in forever. I hate fake apple flavored candy.

2 Likes

You are my kind of people!

I am too much of a cheap actuary to throw away Skittles, but if I wasn’t then this would be my MO.

1 Like

WAs it though?

2 Likes

YESSSSSSS!!!

Ugh, that’s even worse than lime. I won’t throw away lime Skittles but I’ll throw away apple Skittles.

1 Like