20Q Game 0023

I’m changing my snowstorm guess to a snowman…

Is it something we would be more likely to see in cold weather?

Is it a one-of-a-kind item?

A snowman is manmade. And it’s unambiguously tangible. It’s also way more than 25% water.

Q# Poster Question Answer
1 Lucy Is it alive or made predominantly from once-live things? (Let’s not count plastic here, but wood, meat, vegetables and the like) No
2 A_Student Is it tangible? Yes, more or less
3 soyleche Can you see it* with the naked eye? Yes
4 A_Student Would it fit in the vegetable drawer of a refrigerator, without disassembling it? Not likely
5 Lucy Would you expect to find those in a home? Not really
6 Lucy Is it man-made? Technically, no**
7 YankeeTripper Is it a place or location? No
8 MayanActuary Is it related to the weather? Yes**
9 MayanActuary Is it something you can buy insurance for? Not really
10 John.S.Mill Is it a phenomenon? No
** Clue 1 The only company that would likely underwrite any insurance for this object would be Lloyd's of London *****
11 twig93 Is it more than 25% water? No
12 Lucy Is it a physical object? Yes
13 A_Student Is it something we would be more likely to see in cold weather? No
14 JFG Is it a one-of-a-kind item? Yes
15 ?? y/n

*The actual object, not some symbolic representation of it, like Avogadro’s Number.
**But some might debate the actual answer to this.

Next clue given after 15 questions, with a final clue after 19 questions.

Hmmm, I was thinking something like a tsunami.

Maybe ozone? I guess you could fit ozone in a refrigerator drawer.

not very one of a kind though

Hmmm… “the ozone layer”?

Can’t really be seen with the naked eye.

or the aurora borealis?

is that a physical object? i think that’s just light refractions

I’m thrown by the weather related part. I was thinking about a specific meteorite or something. Or a specific something that’s supposedly made by aliens.

Something formed by wind and/or water?

Like tumbleweed, but I’m not sure that you can insure against tumbleweed even through Lloyds.

You might be able to - it can cause some decent damage. That doesn’t work with #1 though.

Hmm, true.

I was also thinking of icicles but they are water, so :woman_shrugging:

Discussion:
I wouldn’t consider icicles as something that’s one of a kind. Is there a weather-related religious thing, like a rock that kind of looks like the Virgin Mary and rain makes it look like it’s crying or something? I’m stuck on weather related (but debatable), one of a kind, and not man made (but debatable). I’m thinking it might be some specific natural formation.

I’d go Haley’s Comet but that’s probably more than 25% water

was gonna guess the moon, meteorite, or the meteor belt. but feels like never checks of all the list

How would any of those be only “technically no” to “is it manmade”? That’s tripping me up.

I was wondering if it’s something that’s a natural phenomenon, but some people think it was made by God or aliens.

he answered no to “is it a phenomenon” tho