20Q Game 0023

What non water, non man made, physical objects are there that relate to the weather? Can’t think of anything

not sure how serious or flippant he is with these “not likely” or "not really"s.

The fitting in the fridge being not likely, and being in home being not really, instead of hard no’s seems weird.

well the sun and the moon have effects on the weather. but like Lucy said, he’s giving a lot of soft no’s.

Love the discussion. One question away from the next clue.

I meant like formed by nature, such as the Grand Canyon was formed by nature, but some people attribute it to being purposefully made.

If VA answered it that way he needs a kick in the balls.

well he’s religious so…

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

as in you might say things are designed. not that you need a kick in the balls

There are a lot of reasons why he might need a kick in the balls. This is just one possibility.

Well . . . if there were no design to the universe, then things are totally meaningless . . .

But this probably should be discussed in its own thread.

For THIS thread, y’all need to start asking more questions.

And it only takes one question to unlock the next clue.

And, it’s not a location or place. So it can’t be something like “the grand canyon”. And it’s only more-or-less tangible. A physical object that is more or less tangible.

Is it larger than a house?

(don’t use the same typical-size house that was referenced in previous threads. Is this larger than a really big house that a single family might live in, excluding public and semi-public dwellings, like the white house or buckingham palace.)

some of are just that emo. :wink:

I wanted to suggest something like Stonehenge.

2 works, because you can’t actually touch it (not allowed)
4 is a pain, is “Not likely” a sarcastic no? or is it a commentary on the dimensions of an average vegetable drawer (our last one was tall and 1/3 the width of the fridge, our current one is short and the full width of the fridge)?
5 someone could have a replica in their home, but not the actual thing
6 at what point is stacking stones man-made? putting two stones atop each other doesn’t seem so, but 100 yes? but it’s just stones, so …
8 was it built as a calendar (I am only aware of Stonehenge, never looked into why it’s there)?, if it was, then it could be related to weather, insomuch as seasons are related to weather
clue 1, doubt Stonehenge is insured, but Lloyds of London would be the place I would think of for insuring it

If two stones are intentionally stacked by a person, then that stack is man made. I don’t see any ambiguity in that.

1 Like
Q# Poster Question Answer
1 Lucy Is it alive or made predominantly from once-live things? (Let’s not count plastic here, but wood, meat, vegetables and the like) No
2 A_Student Is it tangible? Yes, more or less
3 soyleche Can you see it* with the naked eye? Yes
4 A_Student Would it fit in the vegetable drawer of a refrigerator, without disassembling it? Not likely
5 Lucy Would you expect to find those in a home? Not really
6 Lucy Is it man-made? Technically, no**
7 YankeeTripper Is it a place or location? No
8 MayanActuary Is it related to the weather? Yes**
9 MayanActuary Is it something you can buy insurance for? Not really
10 John.S.Mill Is it a phenomenon? No
** Clue 1 The only company that would likely underwrite any insurance for this object would be Lloyd's of London *****
11 twig93 Is it more than 25% water? No
12 Lucy Is it a physical object? Yes
13 A_Student Is it something we would be more likely to see in cold weather? No
14 JFG Is it a one-of-a-kind item? Yes
15 Lucy Is it larger than a house? No
** Clue 2 JFG has some good thoughts that are on track for this object in post 55 (+/-1) *****
16 ?? y/n

*The actual object, not some symbolic representation of it, like Avogadro’s Number.
**But some might debate the actual answer to this.

Final clue will be given after 19 questions.

Is it associated with the Virgin Mary?

I agree. the stones aren’t man-made, but the stack is. So stonehenge is unambiguously man-made.

And of course, it’s smaller than a house. :wink:

I’d have amended it to something religious.