2023 College Football Discussion

Then the other will get hurt and they will end up with their 3rd guy in.

This seems a little too early to commit, but then again, itā€™s not an official commit. 20% chance he actually plays at USC.

He will take some online + summer courses and reclassify for 2024

always dreamed of playing in the big 10ā€¦

PAC2 now. Cal and Stanford to the Other Coast Conference, along with SMU.

They can now stick with ACC (All Coast Conference). Atlantic, Pacific and Gulf Coasts.

Wonder if Eric Dickerson picked up the tab for SMU.

The article I read said SMU isnā€™t sharing in the conference revenue for 7 years. And the CAL and Stanford are coming in at reduced shares.

And @dr_t_non-fan is that the PAC 2 or the 2 PAC?

More like the PACk It In.

A new conference has emerged

3 Likes

I want to know if the execs running the sports divisions has ever considered testing the amount the commentators talk. The absurd questions in the middle of the game, commentators trying to look smart so they are misusing words, all the inane chatter just to fill air time. Iā€™d much prefer commentators talking about what is actually going on in the game and skipping all the rest of the crap. Or even bring quiet while the genre is actually being played.

Wow, while typing this one of the commentators was lamenting how tough it was when he was playing in a Sacramento trying to get back into the NFL ONLY making $2k a week.

Amount of talking might not be the best metric, but itā€™s in the right direction. Nobody wants to hear some yahoo bloviating, but people enjoy those with insightful or entertaining commentary

I think theyā€™re paid by the word. Occamā€™s Razor and all.

So, soon-to-be-dead Pac-12 have eight teams ranked. Thinking those teams might have been poached by the shittier conferences.

So nothing going on in College Football worth discussing?

Texas over Bama was interesting. Is Bama going to struggle to a 10-2 season this year? Is Texas really back?

The PACXX leads all conferences with 8 teams in the top 25. Does that qualify them as the best conference? And they couldnā€™t get a decent TV contract?

And Fox is going to be highlighting Prime for the 3rd week in a row next Saturday (pregame show at CO game site) with ESPN in Boulder as well? Luckly, there is plenty of beautiful back drop for both of them to find a good spot to set up. What is the over/under on the number of times CO (the team not just the campus) gets visited by the 2 pregame shows?

Well, I didnā€™t watch any. Oh, watched a little, muted, at dinner.
So, no, not much to discuss.

That will teach Alabama not to schedule tough opponents!
Also, Saban now knows he has to blow out other teams the rest of the way, if his team is capable of it. Needs to ā€œeraseā€ this loss from the votersā€™ minds.

Hurricanes rang up 48 on a ranked Tx A&M team. The U is back, baby.

Just saw they announced the CO vs Oregon game has been moved to the prime afternoon time slot on ABC. Which will be the 4th week in a row CO will be in a national network broadcast. Pretty good for a team that went 1-11 last year.

ISWYDT

1 Like

Pac2 says, oh, no you donā€™t go having a Board Meeting of ex-members!!

I agree, but I think the two of them should simply swallow up another conference and call it the PAC-X (a variable, depending on the actual number of teams). And quickly. Mountain West seems most ripe.
Alternative is to join a conference for all but Football, like Big West, WAC, WCC, Mountain West. Stay independent, get their own TV contract or make a new network or something. Then beat the shit out of teams like Wisconsin.

1 Like