2022 NFL Football Thread

This reminds me of the time that Dallas traded away Hershel Walker for a bunch of draft picks. Then went on to win 3 Superbowls in the next 5 years. Poor Vikings.

1 Like

Oh itā€™s for the whole seasonā€¦ oh my! That is pretty funny.

I was sad when we lost Wilson (as Iā€™m sure my contemporaneous posts in this thread will show), but it certainly seems like we came our way ahead.

Fun fact: you have not commented on Wilson in this thread until just now.
(Probably more on the SEA thread.)

Nope: only once in that thread.

(Full Disclosure: The Search Function required that you write the word ā€œWilson.ā€ If you didnā€™t, the search did not find it. And, itā€™s slow skimming on this site through 500+ (or 900+) posts.

Hmmm, maybe I posted about it less than I remember. Or didnā€™t show up in your search. Regardless, I was sad about it, but it certainly seems to have worked out in our favor.

If there are Vegas odds on this, Iā€™ll be betting with house money

Ugly look for Jerrah

https://twitter.com/JoshClarkDavis/status/1595457635611992079?t=8wEwfTq2eQ468UsXLrqAjw&s=19

1 Like

Nothing wrong with being present at that moment.

Dakā€™s screen saver is himself

Funny if true, but easily photoshopped.

Could be, but a couple of news sources are reporting it:

1 Like

Ah, sounds accurate then.

Nothing wrong with being part of a racist mob.

All NFC East teams are in the playoff positions as of now.

The Giants may have a tough go holding on to that given that the only team with a losing record they play is Indy. 2 v Philly & Was and Minnesota. Gotta think that the toughest remaining schedule based on opponent record.

Worse: they all play each other several times, so someone usually has to lose.
PHI: NYG, DAL, NYG
DAL: PHI, WAS
NYG: WAS, PHI, WAS, PHI
WAS: NYG, NYG (twice in a row, albeit with a bye in-between), DAL

WAS or NYG can end up with six losses and be in last place.

In this survey of analytic staff for NFL teams, 75% say momentum exists within NFL games

I guess they have the data to back it up.

Oh, they donā€™t:

Itā€™s kind of like me taking off my statistician hat, putting on my football hat, I feel like you can feel it.

ā€œJust because we canā€™t measure it, or we arenā€™t capable of measuring it, doesnā€™t mean it doesnā€™t exist.ā€

Lolz

What just happened!?!?!

That drive by Baker.

The raiders gave that game away.

2 Likes

Let Mayfield Bake!

1 Like

Raiders are somehow 2-4 in games where they led by 13 or more. Yikes

Dumb penalties. And one hidden small mistake - they intercepted a pass inside of 2 minutes and the guy knew there was dpi called. He should have extended the play and burned time.

But the penalties were dumb.