2022 NFL Football Thread

It certainly makes it more difficult to find a path to parity if your condition doesn’t hold. I was just commenting on it being a “requirement”.

The “requirement” is having a path across the divisions; just like you need a path across the conferences.

The path across divisions has a lot more options to attainment than the one needed across the conferences.

Yes but with a 5th game now across conference I’d assume those paths have expanded quite a bit.

1 Like

5 Likes

Bills tweeting out shots of the stadium today.
https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1593650649329278976?t=Mp4p7HTNopmBYin0JvPNRw&s=19

2 Likes

The Stadium is in south Buffalo which is the bullseye for lake effect snow off Lake Erie. You need only go to north Buffalo and there may be little snow because of the narrow nature of the lake effect snow.

However, even if the snow could have been cleared out of the stadium by game time, the roads presumably would not be cleared for safe driving by then.

Reportedly the 24 hour snowfal totals in Orchard Park may shatter all time NY records

https://twitter.com/US_Stormwatch/status/1593765537535836160?t=1gd875DBWOkp4eFWVEyVoA&s=19

1 Like

66 inches of snow in 24 hours: that’s mind-blowing.

That is almost as tall as the legendary MJD.

1 Like

And taller than one of my all-time favourite footballers, “Pinball” Clemons.

IIRC 130 was OR. 135 was NA. Good times for the old-timers (when exams really were tougher).

1 Like

Curious as to how the Bills team will get to Detroit. Is Buffalo airport able to handle flights? Is it accessible? I think snowmobiles were needed last time to get partway to another city to fly out to Detroit?

I assume they went as soon as it was announced?

Ah. Today. Nothing like waiting until the last minute.

BUFFALO, N.Y. – It took an all-hands-on-deck effort to get the Buffalo Bills out of their homes and to the facility for their flight to Detroit on Saturday after a potentially record-setting snowstorm hit Orchard Park, New York.

Players received help from neighbors who provided snowblowing, shoveling and transportation.

The decision to move the game to Detroit was made well before the storm started. So dumb they didn’t leave before it arrived.

1 Like

Back in my day, we walked to the stadium. Uphill both ways. In the snow.

3 Likes

Vikings thanked a pronstar on the videoscreem yesterday

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1594780497866956800?t=NdmHj2WPHrrV1tvXMAEL0w&s=19

I don’t tik tok, but someone showed me a video today that was funny.
Perhaps someone could look it up.

There is a Broncos fan that is making a sportscast of sorts, pitting Russell Wilson against his (Wilson’s own $25M) house. The competition every week is to see if he can throw more touchdowns on the season than his house/mansion has bathrooms. Right now, the score is 12-7 in favor of the bathrooms.

You see, the subtext here is that he is highly overpaid relative to his on-the-field production.

Yes, he is. That is why SEA traded him, foreseeing this. And tough shit for DEN and DEN fans for falling for it. Good news is that in five years or so, you’ll finally have the draft picks and not Wilson anymore, probably a new GM, too. Back in the Super Bowl in ten years or so.

1 Like

To clarify, Russell Wilson vs Russell Wilson’s own house? Or the random Tik Tok guy’s house?

Definitely funnier if it’s the former, but I wasn’t sure based on your description.

Sorry, my participles, they dangle.

Yes, the game is the score between Wilson’s TD count this year and the bathrooms in Wilson’s own mansion that Wilson bought with his own overinflated paychecks… With 12 bathrooms, I gotta call it a mansion not a house.

1 Like