2022-23 NBA Basketball Thread

Since the data in the table only goes back to 97, it misses a bunch of Jordan years

Both those shots were playing hero ball which is not what got them to that point in the game. Warriors used amazing ball movement to find open looks all night and Curry wasted it with an ill-advised shot imo. Should have been running down the clock at that point anyway.

Warriors are not closing out games the way they used to - that’s the main difference this year. And the horrible 3-pt shooting on the road. That’s just weird.

That’s been a problem all year long. That and road defense. Oh and a reliable 2nd unit which is something they had in their championship years and have not found consistently all year long.

Yeah it’s been a frustrating season. Still think if Curry is more patient last night they win that game and series is tied.

I don’t disagree with you.

But I have to believe that Steph Curry has a green light to shoot any time he touches the ball.

Maybe. But I think they tossed away a lot more chances than just that late Curry attempt in the 4th. They had a couple chances to really stretch their lead and got very sloppy with the ball in the 3rd and 4th leading to not only missed opportunities but easy breaks and open looks for the Lakers on the other end.

Curry had a poor shooting night from 3 but otherwise had a great game. The same can not be said of Thompson or Green. Though I wonder if Green was feeling that knock on the head he took in the 4th quarter.

Oh for sure. I just think he made a really bad decision, especially considering the time. There was still 22 seconds left, so even if he makes it the Lakers get a chance to tie or win. Just makes no sense to shoot it then.

All series going to G6 with 3 “road” teams having a chance to close it out at home as Denver is the only team to defend home Court so far.

Warriors steak of winning at least one road game in a series on the line Friday in LA. I believe the streak goes back to 2014 or something like that.

I noticed that Booker steps over the foul line on free throws as well. It really bugs me. It is especially noticeable when they are shooting technical or flagrant shots when there isn’t anyone standing on the sides.

How much of this loss falls on KD and how much falls on the GM for having a shallow roster with not a lot of depth?

Didn’t they trade most of their depth for Durant? I mean that was 3 rotational players for one star. It’s hardly shocking that Chris Paul missed time with injury, but the Suns just couldn’t cover his loss.

I am curious to see how the next 2-3 years play out and if it turns out that the Nets got the better end of the deal with the KD trade. They already made out like bandits in the Kyrie trade.

I thought Suns were team to beat in the West after the trade but it didn’t work this year.

End of the dynasty

1 Like

Did Philly forget that 3rd quarter points count too?

That was an impressive demolition by the Celtics in the 2nd half. Gotta say it reminded me of the Warriors Dubcon 3 phase where they used to blow teams out in the 3rd quarter coming out of half and put teams away.

Celtics seem to be able to win when they need to.

And this times it’s the Celtics who forget the 3rd quarter also counts.

Or maybe they’re just playing possum as they did against the Sixers…

If so, it’s a bold strategy Cotton, let’s see if it pays off.

Lakers making it interesting against the Nuggets. We’ll see if they can win their home games.