2022-23 English Premier League discussion

Huge result for Arsenal today, coming back from a goal down twice.

Also, thank you Nottingham Forest, very cool.

My SIL’s team, Fulham, only a point behind Spurs in 6th place. Hope to catch a match at Craven Cottage next season.

TOT cruise, though that CHE player should have been given the red that he had not gotten, then had gotten, and then had not gotten. And by getting a yellow, I think that was his second yellow after the hard foul. Unless his red/not-red was for the original foul and not the subsequent shove to the face.

Spurs hadn’t beaten Chelsea since 2018 so extra special win today. Spurs keeping alive their fourth place finish aspirations.

Jota gives great effort disallowed goal is rubbish, 2 quickly follow, clean sheet. Next to get through next 30 days without complete disaster and beat Spurs at home.

Spurs are woefully inconsistent so Reds have a good shot at number 4 spot.

what an absolutely insane game at the Emirates today

Didn’t see the match but given the match stats surprising that Arsenal didn’t win by a larger margin?

Bournemouth scored less than 10 seconds into the game, and took a 2-0 lead in the second half off a corner. Meanwhile Arsenal had about 4-5 semi-viable penalty shouts denied by VAR, but managed to win with the final kick of the game at 90+7.

Reiss Nelson, who has played less than 90 min all season, assisted the second, and scored the winner with an off foot volley from the top of the box after a last minute corner was headed half-clear.

1 Like

Liverpool seems to have gotten its mojo back, beating Man U by a converted touchdown!

Are there any United fans on here? I’ve seen fans of most of the top 6, but not them.

I believe DNTF is a Man U fan but he is silent today….

I thought he was a TOT fan?

I’m a casual Man U fan, but not terribly active on this thread.

I didn’t catch Sunday’s slaughter, due to other plans for the weekend. I’m not sure I have it in me to watch the recording…

City, actually.
I was away for the weekend, so I’m still catching up.

My mistake: DTNF likes City not United.

There are several long suffering Spurs fans here including me and Real Sylvos.

just skip it, nothing good can come of watching it

2 Likes

However, I’m not a hater of the other clubs. That is irrational, and I’d rather not be. This comes from not being born in some village that forces a club on you like a religion. I chose City before they were champs, because they made smart choices on players at the time, and I didn’t want to glom on to a Big 5 (at the time) team. Now, I don’t like some club owners and some irrational club fans and some egotistical managers. But the clubs and the players are alright (for the most part). And I root for the USA team players to do well and not get injured.

2 Likes

The Liverpool game was just incredible. I had a few ManU friends sending texts during the week about the level of my fear. After a long period of silence from them, they were out in full force…for about 50 minutes. I lost a lot of respect for Fernandes. He did not conduct himself well in second half. United got overly chippy.

The Arsenal goal was insane. However, it came nearly a minute (or slightly more) after the 6. I don’t know why game has to end on an attacking play. Once it’s out at 90+6’ plus another 40-60 seconds with no real stoppage in that period, the fact they get the kick is tough. It is a well established trend, but really makes no sense.

I didn’t like it, either, but the Referee decides when the match is over. Not some unofficial clock on a TV screen.
To try to make sense of it: there are a lot of few-seconds time-wasting incidents in which the referee’s watch is not stopped. Allowing a final attacking play seems fair, and neither team gets upset at it. Only biased fans.