2022-23 English Premier League discussion

Here’s hoping England then goes out the way they usually exit, after 120 minutes (or in the case of this tourney 140) and PKs. He still only gets 2 weeks off. That is not a lot at this stage, especially with 3 games in 8 days. Richarlison likely to go deep as well and Perisic still playing.

Fox reporting that Ronaldo is going to Saudi Arabia for $211M/ season

He’ll need a zipper for his mouth, can’t go yapping about team owners or coaches there.

1 Like

OK, back to a league so dangerous that the rest of Europe needs to band together to defeat it, according to Barca president.

And, how much trouble are the top clubs with their top players from top countries going to be in?

Total World Cup minutes by Premier League club (not including stoppage time):

Why not including stoppage time? I’m guessing that the data provided can not account for it.

Wondering what the MLS Soccer equivalent of this is. I mean, 20 MLS Soccer teams had at least one player on WC rosters. That’s good, right? Almost elite.

As a Spurs fan, definitely noticed a lot of prominent current and former Spurs players. I also considered France’s Ousmane Dembélé as an honorary Spurs alum, completely unfairly and inaccurately based on my fond memories of Mousa Dembélé.

1 Like

Alright, back to capitalist meritocracy soccer!

1 Like

Everton are just…such a mess. No idea what’s going on at that club.

Years of bad planning and decision making putting us back in the position we were in prior to Moyes taking over.

One of Liverpool’s high minutes came from Allison. Other likely van Dijk. No issues. Newcastle is likely beneficiary.

Liverpool came out strong. Like the 18 yo Spaniard they are adding to rotation. Mo looked healthy and TAA didn’t log mins in the WC as 3rd string. Fabinho also didn’t play much.

Well it shouldn’t take more than a few weeks for Liverpool to pass Spurs. Conte is writing them off:

I don’t think MCI have to be “perfect” the rest of the season, but they still have two matches vs ARS, and that’s six points right there.
I assume all of the simulations being used to put MCI as favorites have MCI keeping up with ARS in other matches, and beating them twice.
I think ARS still have a game-in-hand, so they need to drop points somewhere.

Spurs next two games are against Arsenal and Man City so they have a chance to make an impact on the race for first place.

OK, a bit of a Derby weekend. with MUN-MCI and TOT-ARS, CHE-CRY, NOT-LEI.

Yup. And Fulham beat their neighbour Chelsea last night for the first time in 16 years.

I would hope that Liverpool cut Thiago. He has been the worst pickup for this team ever. Three years now of not fitting in to the style and declining skills. Hendo looks done too. Injuries up front have been crippling with Ox having to start. Team is a mess.

Man U turnaround has been phenomenal.

Bad timing, though.
Come on, you Tots!!

Arsenal is clearly the superior North London club this year and probably for years to come. Only question is whether they are also better than the Manchester clubs.

Arsenal has built a strong front with good MF. They are everything Liverpool was before they decided 30 MFs is the way to go. Odegaard is 24 YO captain. Saka and Martinelli are 21. Saliba is a strong CB for 21. Nketiah looks like a strong finisher and likely a better option than Jesus, but nice to have 2 to rotate and play the hot player with option for late fresh legs. Pains me to say this club is positioned well. Doubt they will lose players to Manchester since players would likely prefer London. Barca or Madrid may come knocking for Martinelli and Saka. Arsenal was good scouting and assembly.

Only weakness atm is depth. The drop off after the first 11 is significant, especially in midfield.