2022-23 English Premier League discussion

It’s a tie for the worst defeat. Last season (well, some time in 2021) there was a 9-0 defeat.

My, FUL, come from ahead loss!
MCI come back, but that’s expected.
WHU off the foot of the table with a win at AVL.
Nice work by the AR seeing the ball go off the pitch on the AVL corner kick.

Also, wow, The City Ground is quite loud!

Alright, midweek matches!
Downside is that means only three matches on cable, and I guess we’re lucky to get that.

Wondering where “Men in Blazers” are these days…
COVID caused MiB to go mostly with pre-recorded interviews instead of providing their own take on highlights and an in-studio guest.

Nice comeback for LIV, getting deserved added time in added time, after NEW players kept getting “injured” and hoping the referee doesn’t add time for it.

Wondering if added time is something EPL has decided to keep better track of leaguewide. Or just for LIV.

Haaland has nine goals in his first five EPL games.

Bunch of draws at the top. NOT, were ahead, NOT! BOU score three to win.
BRE-LEE was quite entertaining. Excellent offside-overturned-to-goal when LEE player headed it to a BRE player in an offside position.

Tuchel out at CHE. That was fast. But whoops, don’t have a replacement.

All premier league games postponed this weekend. EFL fixtures also postponed.

Apparently games next weekend could also be at risk due to lack of police resources being used for the queen’s funeral

Conte will be pleased to have the weekend off.

Damn.
I mean I’m busy this weekend and wouldn’t have watched the matches until Sunday night. But, damn.
Have the funeral on Monday. No matches then.

Happy Liverpool gets a little time. Need to get Melo in mix.

Two more matches postponed, LIV get even MORE time to figure out how to play.
And ARS-PSV in Europa League is also postponed.
Apparently, MUN home game was taking too many police away because of the Fucking Glazers causing fans to protest.

So Spurs game tomorrow still on because there are lots of police in Portugal?

And then the American opened his mouth…

Why, sure let’s have MCI/MUN/LIV/EVE players all on one team, and all the London teams on another team. Oh, wouldn’t that be a great spectacle that everyone would want to see?

Said no fan of an EPL team ever.

Next idiotic idea: How about playoffs?
How about no more ties. Shootouts!
Can we have the Referee stop play, and game time, to explain every whistle?
The halves are too long. Split into Quarters!

Oh, and here is some spinning BS:

And Boehly said the decision was ultimately about his holistic vision for the club.

“When you take over any business you just have to make sure that you’re aligned with the people that are operating the business,” he said.

"I think Tuchel is obviously extremely talented and somebody who had great success at Chelsea. Our vision for the club was finding a manager who really wanted to collaborate – a coach who really wanted to collaborate.

"Our goal is to really bring a team together, with the academy, with the first team, with the incremental clubs that we want to acquire and develop.

“All of that needs to be a well-oiled machine. And the reality of our decision is that we just weren’t sure that Thomas saw it the same way we saw it. No one’s right or wrong, we just didn’t have a shared vision for the future.”

I guess you could have asked him if he really wanted to collaborate. “Eh, let’s just assume he doesn’t or that he’ll lie to us that he does.”

1 Like

Bring back goalie wars and I’m in.

“In America, we have these things called, ‘doubleheaders.’ No, it isn’t what you are thinking, though technically… anywho…”

Klopp takes first aim, … bullseye!

But when the idea was put to him following Liverpool’s 2-1 Champions League win over Ajax on Tuesday, Klopp was not overly enthusiastic.

“He doesn’t wait long,” Klopp said. "Great. When he finds a date for that, he can call me. He forgets that in the big sports in America, these players have four-month breaks.

"It is completely different in football. What can I say? Does he want to bring the Harlem Globetrotters as well and let them play against a football team?

"I am surprised by the question so please don’t judge my answer too much. But maybe he can explain it to me at some point and find a proper date.

“Not sure people want to see that. Imagine that: [Manchester] United players, Liverpool players, Everton players altogether in one team. It is not a national team. North against south. That means north east [too], Newcastle… interesting game. And all the London guys together, Arsenal, Tottenham, great. Did he really say it? Interesting.”

1 Like

When will these matches be rescheduled?
This article is compleat in research:

The number of police required at these games is ridiculous. The following quote is from the article:

“Man United vs. Leeds is off….it carries the highest category of match and requires over 900 police officers.”

OK, back to club soccer…
Manchester Derby Sunday morning… on Fucking Peacock.
North London Derby on USA.
Some other matches.

Couldn’t get tickets to the North London Derby so watching it this afternoon in a London pub. Sadly, I expect Arsenal to prevail since Spurs struggle in Arsenal’s stadium.