2021 GoActuary Jahiegel Memorial NFL Full Season Pick’em Contest

Also, if you thought the Ravens were going to win you’d still be giving up a COFP by arbitraging.

Like hypothetically let’s just say that ONA picked the Bears to win last night, so he’s out of contention and it’s just you & VA. And you got your picks in before VA.

Possible outcomes:
No COFP, Ravens win: Prize, 5 COFPs
No COFP, Raiders win: 4 COFPs
COFP, Ravens win: Prize, 4 COFPs
COFP, Raiders win: Prize, 4 COFPs

So at that point it would be a question of how confident you were in the Ravens.

Can we come up with a new name for arbitra…ing? My ears are ringing.

1 Like

[what Twig said]

Always good advice.

1 Like

Yes…yes, it has…I remember an instance or two of highly uncorrelated players’ picks having highly correlated records.

But two players who were highly uncorrelated with each other ALSO being most uncorrelated with a consensus pick.

However, re-reading your post, it seems that you might’ve gotten a few numbers switched?

If it were the case that MH & I actually Sheep’d with the Consensus, I can see that happening w/o thinking something “special” took place (we’re correlated with a different set of picks from each other with a small overlap).

If by “you” you mean “your intern” then you’re probably right.

We’ll review after our afternoon continuous meeting huddle

Is this english? Asking for a mono-linguistic friend.

1 Like

:laughing:

Nice lol.

I believe it’s some form of social media communications . . . twitterpating?

Not a few…just one
Not switched but just plain bagel wrong.
Corrected for your viewing pleasure:

Woah how do you get in that group

:football:

And it’s not looking like I’m gonna win this week . . .

The night is still young…

Well…whattayaknow?

It’s a brand new ball game.

Ok . . . what’s the result if the game ends in a tie?

We all get half a win / half a loss.

ETA: I guess excluding the hypothetical situation where someone predicted the tie. I don’t think anyone ever does that though… wouldn’t be good odds.

record wise, we’d get a tie . . . I was wondering who’d get the prize.

But it may be moot anyway . . . if they can get the players back on their sidelines . . .