2021 GoActuary Jahiegel Memorial NFL Full Season Pick’em Contest

TheArbitrary leads PatientZombie by four games.
I continue to be amazed at the performance of zConsensus.

Slight bounce back in participation this year. (Thanks to JudgeSmails for the late entry. :wink: )

I think that’s it. Enjoy the season. Be kind to the intern.

1 Like

the early games were not kind to me this week

:ctm:
“one-for-one” so far

1 Like

Nor me. I always feel a particular pant of guilt if I pick one of my teams to lose and then they win. I should have more faith!!!

Such was the case with the Bengals this week. I can only assume that most of y’all probably also picked the Vikings… but demonstrably not all of you since the Vikings were NOT a sure thing.

So whoever picked the Bengals… I tip my hat to you. Thank you for having more faith in my team than I do.

No perfect Week 1 this year… unless we are perfectly wrong with Sure Thing™ picks.

I had one “reserved” slot leftover, so I put Consensus Picks there with the #s of those who were for/against.

13 Vikings vs 7 Bengals in this case.

1 Like

Ouch… shoulda had more faith in the home team like the rest of you!

And really… it shouldn’t have even gone to OT if not for the horrendous call to go for it on 4th down deep in their own territory.

Apparently, I should have trusted my Saints intuition more. Oh well.

Going into the night game…the Rams are a SURE THING™ Pick over da bears (Go, NFC North! 0-4!!!), so it’s all about MNF.

A Raiders win will mean a week one win for @Vorian_Atreides.
However, a Ravens win will mean @Mountainhawk takes the week one honors with @OutdoormanNowActuary receiving the consolation prize.

My prediction for MNF: The Ra:beep:s will win & you can take that to the bank.

1 Like

lol @ @Mountainhawk and I getting so uncorrelated on our picks in many regards.

I wonder has such a thing has ever happened before . . .

1 Like

That Chiefs one is an interesting lock, I must admit… was gonna be hard to get that one right!

Heh, good catch!

According to his consensus picks post that should be Chiefs over Browns.

So we’re 1-1 so far on Sure Thing™ picks.

Serenity Now Kramer GIF by Ricky Bobby | Gfycat

Well, at least they didn’t lose to the Colts.

1 Like

Let me know if you need some salt. Certainly a couple open wounds.

1 Like

I just got back from Costco…I should have enough for the first week at least.

So maybe I’m misunderstanding the rules, but I think I can essentially arbitrage a COFP for a YGLTPYM…IGI and COFP, right?

Are you talking about using a COFP to change the Ravens to the Raiders?

If the Raiders win then you’ll get a YGLTPYM…IGI and COFP.

But if the Ravens win then OutdoormanNowActuary gets the YGLTPYM…IGI and COFP and you get bupkis.

If you were slated to be the sole winner if the Ravens won, and you got your picks in before Vorian_Atreides (which is possible but I didn’t check) then you could guarantee yourself the win by arbitraging your COFP as you suggested. As long as VA didn’t also use a COFP to switch to the Ravens.

But since ONA is on track to match your record, you’d promote him from consolation prize to winner if the Ravens win.

So you should only do it if you truly think the Raiders are going to win tonight.

Oh, ok, I understood the rules but misread the standings post and thought ONA was tied with VA. No change then.

Lesson: Don’t read before caffeine.

1 Like