2021-22 NBA Season Thread

And Luca’s injury on the Jazz beating the Mavericks?

Yeah Luca injury timing is rough. Mavs had been playing as well as anyone since the Porzigas trade.

Aside: good to see TNT using the colors of the jerseys in their score bug.
I noticed that ESPN does not.

Spoke too soon. GSW is playing in white, so their name in the score bug should be in white with blue lettering.
Baby steps. DEN matches the bug.

SSS warning but the Warriors line up with Curry-Thompson-Green-Poole-Wiggins on the floor looks awfully good.

1 Like

Poole has really stepped into his role. With all 3 shooters out there it’s going to be tough to defend.

Curry’s late season injury may have been a blessing in disguise. In addition to getting Curry a few weeks rest, it allowed Thompson to regain his shot and Poole get back to where he was when he was starting with Thompson out.

It may all fall apart in Denver altitude. Or against Memphis who gives them fits with their length but for 2 games it’s been fun to watch.

1 Like

Booker likely to miss G3 & 4. Gives NO a punchers chance at a series upset after grabbing G2.

Raptors on verge of elimination thanks to Embiid

Epic comeback by Memphis or Epic collapse by Minnesota?

Or porque no Los dos?

Warriors seem poised for a deep run. Looking forward to a series with Phoenix if they can get there.

So Nicola Jokic is probably going to win B2B MVP awards but may go 0-8 in his 2 playoff series.

Tough to win when your 2nd and 3rd best players miss all or almost all of the season, pretty amazing he got them to 48 wins really.

It will be interesting how they match up Memphis. Memphis gave them fits this season with their lengthy, versatility and depth. The are a much better defensive team than Denver so if that is round 2 which I suspect it will be, that could be an amazing series.

Scottie Barnes wins Rookie of the Year. First Raptor to win it since Vince Carter.

So I guess he was really happy the didn’t get swept?

Presumably so.

So much for Brooklyn’s experiment with three superstars this year.

Raptors probably won’t complete their comeback but they are at least giving 76’ers a scare. Just too bad for Raptors fans that the Raptors blew a 17 point lead in game 3 and lost in OT.

I wonder if KD still thinks he made the right choice joining with Kyrie and recruiting the Beard.

That would clearly be a no.

Embiid out for Miami series as he was injured with under four minutes remaining in last night’s blowout win. I would have thought Doc Rivers would have benched him by then with almost a 30 point lead.

Ouch

Bucks in 6!!!

(I don’t enjoy that saying with any team, at all)