2020 NFL Football Thread

Too late — they have to go through a 10 day quarantine after signing.

so, what is the difference with Baltimore, from Denver, that Pitt / Balt gets delayed, (twice) and I hear nothing on delaying or cancelling this

The Baltimore outbreak is considered out of control, because there were people that weren’t on the close contact lists that tested positive. I expect Baltimore to get large fines and/or lose draft picks for not following protocols. If Denver has additional people test positive that weren’t on the close contacts list, the NFL will delay the game.

ty

Giants in first, and with Dallas getting their butts kicked winning the division is a realistic possibility if they finish with 6 wins. Home games against Arizona and Dallas are their best chances.

Teams were getting their firings in during the first holiday season. Can’t say that I’m surprised by any of them, other than “I’m shocked Detroit actually moved that quickly.”

With Daniel Jones out for a while, I don’t see the Giants winning any game other than the finale vs Dallas. That still might be enough to win the division though.

At this point I don’t see McCoy as a big dropoff from Jones. He’s a veteran presence who has been effective in backup duties throughout his career and has a good sense of the game. He won’t be the mobile threat that Jones was, but he’ll be much less likely to fumble when sacked. The D is strong enough to give the Giants a chance to win without having to score much.

If McCoy can hit the open receivers Jones has been missing then maybe they will be okay, but Jones is the Giants leading rusher this season, thats the reason they’ll likely suffer.

If Alex Smith plays well, I think washington can win the division, but I can see all 4 teams losing their next 3 games pretty easily.

Ravens/Steelers postponed yet again. Now set for Wednesday. It would be the 36th Wednesday NFL game in league history and the first since the Giants opened the 2012 season at home vs. Dallas.

If they play Wednesday, what happens to Steelers/Ravens next week? Do they play super short week or do they move the game to Mon?

I am honestly waiting for a 1-week shutdown at some point. That’s what the NFL should do; it won’t unless it’s pretty much forced into, which it’s working on as we go.

San Francisco to play its next two (home) games at Arizona.

They would have to move the games, plural to Monday

Sunday to Thursday is three off days, so is Wednesday to Sunday. So I see no reason to move next week’s games

actually it looks like Steelers (Wash) are Monday and Balt (Cowboys) are Tuesday.
btw Giants play Seattle and Phili play Packers

What are odds NFC East wins a game next week?

I’m guessing a 4 team parlay against the Least next week would not pay out well.

I suppose it’s just a matter of taking the Vegas odds and doing a little math. So far we have Eagles +7.5, Giants +9 and Wash +10.5. Nothing on Dallas yet but Lamar hasn’t lost to an NFC team so far.

can’t calculate from spreads. Odds more like NYG 14%, Eagles 27%; Wash 26%, Boys 18%

Winning all .2%
Losing all 38% ( I used ESPN FPI, seems too low to me
Winning any 62%, I would take those odds

Gregggg Williams fired for, what, the fifth time? Gets a new ‘g’ for each firing.

Seems he’s a great coach when he has great players. Surely, this is only a coincidence.

1 Like

Or if he’s paying guys to injure opponents.

He’ll have a job for next season. People like that always find jobs no matter how many times they fail. Surprised he didn’t fail into a head coaching job after his stint with Cleveland in 2018.