1/6 Select Committee

I read 30 day minimum. I thought i heard up to a year.

Guilty on 2 counts of contempt. Each contempt of Congress count is punishable by 30 days to one year behind bars, as well as a fine of $100 to $100,000.

So can he just say fine I’ll show up at Congress then and mimic Flynn who the only word he seemed to know was “FIFTH”?

And why does the Sentencing get delayed to October? I mean this seems like a Judge could knock out a sentence between 30-365 days and $100 - $100,000 pretty dam quick.

I’m moderately sure he can’t anymore, he’s guilty now. He probably could have.

That was really quick. I hope the judge doesn’t give him a 2 month slap on the wrist.

I’m comfortable with him getting 2 months of real prison where he’s bound to get shanked

I don’t wish harm to him, I want him to live until a ripe old age in a cell for everything he did to hurt America and the world.

Might also find a lot of support from the aryan brotherhood.

I’m comfortable with him coming out an obvious racist unable to hide it anymore behind a veneer.

1 Like

I’m thinking “how long will the appeal take?”
Bannon had a number of lines of defense that the judge disallowed. That seems like a an easy road to an appeal that will force the appeals court to look at those decisions.

Ran across this:

You’ll need to click on each video to get the full effect. Be sure to scroll pretty far into it as there are a lot of them. Lot’s of song clips added to the video of Josh Hawley running away from the mob from last night’s hearings.

1 Like

He blew his chance at that. Subpoenas are not supposed to be optional. FAaFO. So…whatwver, i suspect the sentence is on the lighter side bc i suspect thats what a contempt type charge brings.

1 Like

The biggest problem with these hearings is they’re a gd year too late.

3 Likes

Great summary of the hearings by Tangle. Fairly long read but worth it, IMO, especially if you haven’t been following everything closely like me.

3 Likes
1 Like

If Pence’s folks are turning over dirt that ends up burying Trump, it may go down as one of the most spectacular “revenge is a dish best served cold” examples of all time.

7 Likes

The NYT article on the fake electors scheme has a lot of revealing info. The Trump legal team working on the scheme was stupid enough to repeatedly describe them as fake electors in their internal communications.

Not sure if this will successfully get you past the paywall or not:

Working for a bad guy means writing some very weird emails.
(and yes that got me past the paywall, thanks)

7 posts were split to a new topic: FBI Raid on Mar-a-Lago

What does everyone think about Democrats and the Jan 6th Committee calling Trump and his MAGA supporters a “Threat to Democracy,” while simultaneously funding or advertising for MAGA candidates in primaries against more moderate Republicans? Why would they fund candidates that are a threat to democracy? It seems risky. Or perhaps Democrats don’t really believe the candidates are a threat to democracy, it’s just more rhetoric to fool the infinitely foolable fools.

1 Like

It’s a dangerous and reckless game that I don’t support.

18 Likes