1/6 Select Committee

But her emails… right?

The Secret Service provided ONE text message to the committee. It claims all other texts sent 1/5-6 are unrecoverable.

It reminds me of “her emails” too in that it’s hard to tell the difference between nefarious coverups and annoying IT issues.

I don’t trust organizations with the word “secret” in their name.

1 Like

These guys are in charge of cyber crime in the US.

1 Like

Giuliani has been ordered to testify before a grand jury in the investigation into the attempts to overturn the election in GA

Trump called the speaker of the Wisconsin State Assembly this past week urging him to overturn the 2020 election.

1 Like

Committee can’t file a report if there’s ongoing items to investigate :bigbrain:

I was going to invite you to join my secret organization that doesn’t have “secret” in the name, but now I’m conflicted.

I can’t stand watching this, we all know this, what is the point?

There are literally millions of Americans who don’t know about this in any detail at all. Either oblivious or in denial. This is an attempt to get people to take this seriously and really understand the stakes involved in not holding the perpetrators of this attempted coup to account. If you already understood most of the facts you aren’t really the target audience. This happened over 18 months ago which these days can seem like a lifetime, so it’s also an attempt to shake us out of our collective amnesia about this travesty that nearly ended our country.

1 Like

Are the oblivious people really watching this?

1 Like

While I have been following the highlights of the 1/6 committee hearings, I haven’t watched much live. I watched a little live last night, and all of the Cassidy Hutchinson hearing live.

It is important work to expose the details of an attempted coup to light. Criminal prosecution is important as well where warranted.

I was of the opinion that very few minds would be changed by the hearings. However it does seem like some in the GOP are changing their minds a little. 40% of Republicans now believe Trump had some responsibility for the riot, up from 33% a little while ago.
Cracks appear in Trump's standing among Republicans after Jan. 6 hearings, Reuters/Ipsos poll shows | Reuters?

The same poll indicates more than half of Republicans still believe the 1/6 insurrection was by leftists. Those people will never be influenced by any facts presented.

Hopefully enough of them to make a difference.

Watching the proceedings last night sadly reminded me how senior Republicans like McCarthy and McConnell initially denounced Trump’s actions on 1/6 but then fell into line afterwards. 1/6 should have been the opportunity to break Trump’s hold on the GOP but sadly it didn’t happen.

Last night was the only night of the hearings that I watched in its entirety. It was well-presented and anyone watching it should have a hard time not being disgusted with Trump’s conduct that day.

1 Like

Absolutely 100% ^THIS^.

1 Like

I wonder if there will be a Cheney/Kinzinger ticket in 2024 if Trump wins the GOP primary.

Bannon found guilty of contempt.

4 Likes

What does that mean? A fine? Prison? Nothing?