Worldle / WhereTaken / WhenTaken

:swear: No direction indicator again today, and I missed it even though guess one was only off by 570 miles (similar to how far off I was yesterday at the beginning. Once again, I didn’t get it, when none of my subsequent guesses went the correct way.

:double swear: I did some Google searching to see if I could find anything about the problem. No, no complaints found. On a whim, I opened it in Safari instead of Chrome where I usually play. Voila. Directions. So tomorrow I’ll play in Safari.

I 5050ed to wrong first guess and i noticed direction was broken. I might have got it in 2 instead of 3. I have an android phone.

I got the no direction bug today. First guess gave me a direction. Second guess was close so I confirmed region, but I got no directional indication. Same on guess 3. Managed to get it in 4

I’ll have to see what happens tomorrow in Safari. Today in Safari I made one guess and got a direction, so I assumed I would get directions on additional guesses.

As you could tell by the spoilered screenshot in post 119 (or thereabouts), it looks like there was something in the screenshot area for guesses 1-3 (after guess 5), but it wasn’t directions and I could never figure out what it was. As I recall, those were completely blank initially, and started appearing later. (Like perhaps #1 got some “picture” after guess 3 maybe).

#Worldle #355 2/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_upper_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::tada:

Playing in Safari, I had the direction arrows. Even more important, playing in Safari I had a lot of luck with me.

can’t play w/o cheating, but felt like taking a look today. Interesting to note you could be off by over 1000km, and be in the adjoining country. I guess in some places a lot more than that

This was pure luck today. I think it’s the first time I got a 1 shot by pure chance.

#Worldle #355 1/6 (100%)

Pure luck? Don’t leave us hanging. :wink:

#Worldle #356 6/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_left:
:green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_up:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_up:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_upper_left:

Only a minor :swear: today. Started in Chrome to see if it was fixed. No, no direction info for guess 1.

Switched to Safari. No cheating: same guess 1 (and hadn’t made a guess 2 in chrome.

Minor :swear: I didn’t notice that Safari was in km, and made a ridiculous guess 2 (In retrospect, ridiculous even if it had been miles, but more reasonable thinking miles than thinking km.) Also a :swear: at myself, since Chrome did display the distance in miles, but I hadn’t considered it since I knew I would switch to Safari for the direction. (Or maybe that would have been “cheating” even though guess 1 was the same country in both.)

Android phone worked for directions this morning. Should have been a 1, was a 2.

#Worldle #357 2/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_left:

Still no distances in Chrome, so played in Safari. (Again, after 1 guess in Chrome to verify no distances, then the same guess 1 in Safari)

#Worldle #358 2/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_left:

#Worldle #358 2/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_up:

(Firefox displays distances)

As does Safari (which once again I used today, with same first guess after determining that Chrome sill does not.) I use Firefox extremely rarely.

1 Like

#Worldle #359 5/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_lower_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_lower_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_upper_left:

#Worldle #360 3/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_upper_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_right:

I wasn’t sure so I zoomed in closely. I could tell that it had a northern coast that mostly tracked a line of latitude (not a lot of NE-SW or NW-SE). Asia, North America, Australia no. Gulf wasn’t as deep as Gulf of Libya, and no straight-line angular southern or eastern border. Africa no. I did consider whether it was one of the small SA countries I am not so familiar with the shape. SA probably not. My memory of the gulf around Gdansk was a little deeper than the image, but the smooth NE border seemed to correspond to the Russian Kaliningrad exclave, so that cinched it.

All of those pretty much beyond my thinking. Recognizing straight line borders is the only sure thing, coastlines sometimes. Oh, and if there are islands, I consider that.

It would be a lot tougher for me if I turn off the orientation. That is a big help to me.

#Worldle #360 2/6 (100%)

I’m not good at knowing shapes of countries. My first guess was Turkey.