Worldle / WhereTaken / WhenTaken

I have a nice little streak of 4 going at the moment myself. Best streak ever (at least on current phone) is 10.

#Worldle #319 2/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::tada:

#Worldle #319 4/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_right:

Now 4 in a row, with the suspicion that I’ve seen several of these before, and I certainly haven’t see all the countries in their database.

Barely got it

#Worldle #320 6/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::arrow_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square::arrow_lower_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_upper_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_lower_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_up:

Not I today.

Today was just dumb luck. I identified the region right away, but was at a loss thinking of many spots that fit. Just randomly guessed ones that might fit and got lucky.

#Worldle #321 3/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square::arrow_lower_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square::arrow_right:

Got it today in 4, only after scrolling thru the list of all valid guesses and a “what could it be” attitude. Playing on my iPad for the first time in a long time. Didn’t notice until after guess 3 that it was giving me the distance measures in km.

#Worldle #323 1/6 (100%)

Sure thing 1, rare for me, though almost no one here would have a problem with this one. I didn’t play every day since I last checked in here, but did play the majority of them, without success

#Worldle #324 6/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_upper_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_lower_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_down:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_upper_left:

Not going to paste the shape. Should not have taken 6

#Worldle #327 1/6 (100%)

Always a good feeling to get it on one. “Always”? Does that mean each of the rare times it happened? I’m sure 1 would be the mode for GoA’s who tried it, and might be the unanimous result.

#Worldle #329 5/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_down:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_upper_right:

Worst of the 5 guesses was only off 500 miles, but every guess (after the first wild shot) was a “it’s somewhere near there” shot.
Screen Shot 2022-12-16 at 10.00.21 AM

First guess was off by 5700Km or so (wrong continent). Realized the region and guessed right on second guess.

I figured out the region relatively quickly but it took me 6 tries

I knew it was a -Stan and it wasn’t Pakistan or Kazakhstan, so I just started guessing the stans

Similar, but I wasn’t sure it was a Stan. First guess was on my own, Kazakhstan. Beyond that, I could think of Afghanistan, which I rejected, and Turkmenistan, possible but I didn’t like it as guess 2 (did use it later) so I scrolled through the list of countries. Every one I chose was a Stan.

Instead of scrolling through the list of all countries:

I just typed stan and used those, ruling out some I knew weren’t it

Today guess 6 was the first within 1000 miles, and it wasn’t within 900.

Those tiny islands are tough. I managed to guess in 3, but couldn’t get all border islands. I’m getting better at knowing which ocean, but nowhere near 100% on relative positions.

#Worldle #331 6/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_lower_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_right:
:star::star::star::coin:

Disappointed it took 6, when every guess was within 500 miles Not the shape I imagined. To reemphasize that confusion about shape, in “Guess the neighbors” I got all 3 in the first 3 tries, but neither 1 nor 2 was the shape I thought was most likely it (well, maybe #2 was, since I thought it was almost impossible that shape #3 was either neighbor guess 1 or neighbor guess 2, but I don’t think they always use all the neighbors.

Going back to the regular game, I had already guessed neighbor guess 1 and neighbor guess 2 as attempts at the country itself.

Not using random orientation made this a quick choice between two countries. I then considered which parts looked like coastlines to pick between the two.

I was able to exclude one of the neighbors because there wasn’t enough of Slartibartfast’s handiwork.

Statetl is a flat out gimmie almost every day, as is probably true for most Americans. The only ones I imagine would be a problem would be disambiguating WY from CO.

I am not quite as industrious as @LususNaturae who i think was embarking on the second level for all countries.

I haven’t tried it, but agree.

#Worldle #332 5/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_up: