Worldle / WhereTaken / WhenTaken

#Worldle #400 X/6 (93%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_up:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_upper_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_up:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_upper_right:

4 within 1000 miles, none within 500.

1 Like

It seems your strategy is first encircle and then destroy. A fearsome military tactic indeed. :wink:

1 Like

#Worldle #400 X/6 (92%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_lower_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_upper_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_lower_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_left:

similar strategy, no dice :man_shrugging:

#Worldle #401 1/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::tada:

I thought that was a coast line in the bottom right but got Botswana and Mozambique mixed up.

1 Like

western and northern borders are the distinctive features, shared with Namibia

#Worldle #401 3/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_left:

I remembered that the borders were distinctive and was positive (at least I thought so, and was correct) of continent before guess 1, still consider it very lucky to have solved.

1 Like

#Worldle #402 6/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_upper_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_lower_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_upper_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_left:

Guesses 2 to 5 were all within a couple hundred miles

1 Like

#Worldle #402 X/6 (98%)
:green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_up:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_down:

Unfortunately I started in Central America. Guesses 4-6 were all within 300 miles, and probably I would have stayed within 300 until I got it, even if guess 7 would not have been right

I started with Peru but luckily got very close with Slovenia (204 miles) on my second guess. I’ve travelled to Croatia, so I had an idea which countries are near by.

I think of Peru’s shape being like a left parenthesis. Wraps around Brazil’s western bulge.

#Worldle #403 5/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::arrow_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_down:

I guess the really curvy borders are probably due to mountains

1 Like

#Worldle #403 4/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::arrow_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_upper_left:

1 Like

#Worldle #404 5/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_right:

Once I’d established the eastern Caribbean, I started looking for *** and ***. Lucky I went alphabetically. Also, they play cricket, so most of the cricket playing islands are in the east.

1 Like

#Worldle #404 2/6 (100%)
:green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_right:

I also decided β€œAND” would be a good thing to try. I had no idea what shape the island was, even tho I honeymooned in Antigua in 1976 (Antigua and Barbuda was not a country then.)

2 Likes

#Worldle #405 X/6 (79%)
:green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_upper_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_down:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::arrow_right:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::arrow_lower_left:

Never got close. Not with 2000 miles. Only good thing I can say is that guess 6 was the closest. Big problem is that I thought I had some idea where guess 3 was, but it wasn’t there.

#Worldle #405 6/6 (100%)
:green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::arrow_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::arrow_down:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::arrow_lower_left:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::arrow_up:

Very lucky to get this as I was convinced that it was on the coast. The arrows kept pointing away from the coast so I thought it might be the shores of Lake Victoria instead.

I knew that Uganda was south of Sudan but wasn’t sure if it was next to Lake Victoria. Turns out there are two other countries on the lake but they both have coastline as well.

1 Like

Same with coast. Took me 4.

#Worldle #406 1/6 (100%)

1 Like

#Worldle #406 1/6 (100%)

I even felt confident about it. Or should that be β€œEven I felt confident about it.”

1 Like

Glad to see some ones on that one.