Word of the Ring

Tough for me too. I don’t remember all details and can’t even see the puzzle now. I didn’t start with 3 strikes but think I had 4 before any word solved. Maybe before even close. I made it slightly harder on myself by getting confused. If I recall, the first letter of the center right word was one of the overlap letters with the lower right word, and at first I thought that circled letter was the first letter of the lower right word. Made the lower right much tougher. I don’t think I got any strikes (and maybe no hits either) during the misconception. Just confusion.

sigworthy

Was doing a random puzzle, and somehow got here with no wrong guesses (and no cheating).

Then I guessed one wrong letter. The final word was spurge.

I was so excited to get one without any wrong guesses! So close.

I have only won two with no X’s and the first was by cheating so I could test the 0 strike column in the stats that someone here so kindly pointed out that I forgot in the first version!

Excellent. So close. But I think if I had someone reached that point, I would have gotten the last one. Don’t recognize anything else as a possibility (but would not be sure that was a possibility either.)

One thing that could have helped me, considering some recent brain farts. If I thought that S was the last letter of the word instead of the first, that would have worked.

Sad to say I could not get today’s puzzle on the first try. Almost didn’t get it the second time as I was so upset the first time that I didn’t bother to remember what letters I had already tried.

Got it with 4 strikes. Unsure what’s happening with 1698514; he’s listed on the leaderboard at 0.

I needed the ads to get my 100 point 1st time bonus.

Unfortunately as the game creator, advertisers frown against me watching ads and therefore, I only get 5 strikes. :smiling_face_with_tear:

No strikes. That’s on game 2, after using 7 strikes in game 1. 150 is on top of the leaderboard at the moment.

By the way, do I have to close the game between playing one day and playing the next? My impression is that I do, since if I play Friday, then go to the leaderboard Friday, then on Saturday go to Today’s game, I don’t get it.

I didn’t get it on first try either today. My initial feedback outside of the actuarial world is, again like most of my other games, it is too hard. Therefore, I am not sure how much penetration I will get when I start advertising it.

I have it where it checks when you go from the game screen back to the menu as that is an actual segue and I have a control that I have built in all my games that does checks during segues. The stats screen is just a pop up box and not a segue. It is only a few lines of code to fix. However, until next release you will need to reopen or play a random game.

only 1 strike on round 2 today, after 7 strikes round 1

I didn’t really get to do it today. My wife was playing earlier and asked me for help on one of the words for a puzzle. I didn’t realize she was playing the daily puzzle until I started a while later to do it myself and recognized a word. Oh well. There’s always tomorrow.

100 points. 5 strikes one ad

Today I did 3 strikes. Got lucky on one of the letters that helped.

Almost deja vu all over again. Today I started with strikes on the first 4, even though fairly common letters. Even Goldfinger didn’t have a term for that; he would have killed the game developer after 3.

Then the game closed down and said there was an error loading the puzzle. Try again later.