Winter solstice

Its -2 here right now!!!

New York is 50.

Very glad I bought these a few months back, will come in handy now!

My plan is just to not go outside at all today

3 Likes

Local news where I am is full of tips on how to survive the cold weather.

Forecast high temperature tomorrow: 32ºF

The local news is having “fun” (and probably generating ratings) by showing footage from snowier places. (The image currently on screen has a nice ski lift in it…)

(I’ve also noticed that, even though they seem to cover national news, apparently coverage of the “brutal cold” is taking up so much time for this extremely red region, that they haven’t had time to mention the January 6th report having been released.)

There’s also this one:
https://twitter.com/shaoercap/status/1606294908469272576

Sports guy doing weather

3 Likes

Same.

Same here. Ice storm overnight so nobody is going anywhere today. Good news is it should warm up a bit today so maybe it will just melt everything.

-10 when i left the house for the office. up to -5 now. gonna peak all the way at…0? (perhaps only at -0?)

tuesday is the break. up to 26.

2 Likes

The 2 dogs where I’m visiting went out enthusiastically and came right back in with horror. younger dog was so cute getting all excited about the white fluffy stuff outside. he lasted about 60 seconds. older dog howled at the wind for a little longer, but also didn’t last that long.

(I’ll just respond to this in the correct thread, not in CS’s copycat thread.)

Balmy 73 in Cabo right now; Coco is loving it!

2 Likes

It’s up to 7 degrees here. TIME TO GET OUT THE SUNBLOCK!

Pretty blizzardy here right now. I broke out the snowblower this morning, gonna leave whats there for the morning now. Highways all have accidents with dozens of vehicles. Figure ill have a leisurely workout tonite, watch a movie and maybe look out the window.
Good news, this should mean ice conditions will be ice fishing ready soon.

my apartment building had an issue with the heat and they had to turn it off for “emergency repairs”. it’s currently 11 degrees in nyc. good luck to the bitch upstairs not freezing to death. glad i’m not there currently.

My friend (im in minnesota) posted an identical type photo of her husky yesterday. Thing was just chilling on the patio in 6 inches of snow in -5 degrees. Happy as can be.

1 Like

I think the electricity went out again. Dont feel like getting out of bed to find out though.

Just came back. Alexa goes out and then yells at me when the electricity comes back on.

This keeps happening

Currently 7° but a high of 24° today. The winds have died down and the sun is out in Kansas.

Electricty is out again

On again

:joy: