Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

I know, right? Based on the vaccine spotter data, East Pierce and King Counties looks about the same as Walla Walla.

Part of the current phase or did you stretch the truth? Just curious. You don’t have to answer.

1 Like

Just 44 miles? I would take 44 miles in a hot minute.

2 Likes

Right, I’m considering like 250 miles as reasonable.

2 Likes

My home town (Belfair) was truly available for J&J shots at the rite aid.
Dozens of appointments last night.

Just checked again, and they still have appointments.

It is Trump County there, so it isn’t that shocking.
Just more reason to avoid that shithole

Short ferry ride from Seattle to Bremerton + 20 minute drive west…

Ahh Belfair. AKA the halfway point between Gig Harbor and Shelton.

(sorry for getting hyper local)

1 Like

If you are going from Gig Harbor to Shelton, I highly recommend taking hgwy 302 through Victor and avoid Belfair. Much more scenic drive.

I noticed that Idaho is opening up to all adults tomorrow. I considered taking tomorrow off and making the trip (about 4.5 hours one way), but it’s residents only, according to google at least. They probably wouldn’t have turned me away, but who cares? I already have an appt. It would have only saved 5 days.

Yeah, you’re right. I think I confused Belfair for Allyn. Sorry. Also. Technically no vowels. WTF?

Allyn is a Belfair “suburb” anyways.
Just don’t tell them.

You cant get something closer than that??? I can get what I want just refreshing a lot.

CVS right at midnight usually unlocks a bunch too I think. Or find (your state) vaccine hunters Facebook group is pretty good for tips when things open up

I haven’t registered yet, but I looked on Friday in anticipation of being allowed to register and the closest was about 110 miles from here. I’m in the deep blue part of MA — have to drive out to Trumpish areas to get it.

Don’t catch what they’ve got - even worse than COVID.

1 Like

After you can register diligently refresh and I’m guessing you’ll find something closer. You just have to snag it fast.

I wouldnt jump on something hundreds of miles away just because it is the first thing you can get

Honestly, mildly concerned about travelling to some of those areas, but I’m going to do whatever to get it ASAP.

1 Like

Got my shot on Saturday – thanks, @ao_fan ! It was J&J

9 Likes

Yeah, I drove about 155 miles. I have a friend who lives in the town where I got my shot, so I got my shot and had dinner with him, so that made it more tolerable to drive that far.

refreshing those appointment websites is my new hobby. It was nice to have an actual goal there.

3 Likes

Ok, on the whole reinfection thing, these studies were done before all the “new strains” started, right? What I am hearing is that people who have had Covid should get the vaccine when they are eligible because it is still unknown how long the antibodies last. If the studies were done last year, all they can say is that reinfection didn’t happen within x months, and x must be a pretty small number. ao_fan’s point about waiting and letting others more at risk go first makes sense, and I actually did that. It just didn’t take long for things to open up in my state.

1 Like