Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

Yes — MA announced the rest of the schedule. Teachers now and essential workers started Monday, one comorbidity starts 4/5, and the rest of us 4/19.

MD also giving schedule in advance

If the distributor is following state rules that say “Don’t register until you are eligible”, then yes, you lied to avoid the rules the state set.

If the state has rules the distributor intends to follow, but they do it poorly, and you certify truthfully you are eligible by clicking some random box, it seems less likely to be a lie, more like answering the question that was intended to be asked. Some people might call that rationalization, but I am OK with it.

1 Like

Gee, I wonder why he wants to give good news.

:woman_shrugging:t2: i’m not sure moving along the vaccine line is so outlandish regardless of his own problems.

It is possible that it wasn’t purely a political move. Ideally you want to move the line as fast as possible without clogging the reservation systems, overtaxing delivery sites, or running out of vaccine. As mentioned above, throwing eligibility wide open without capacity just makes it harder for the more vulnerable to get vaccines sooner. An administration that has a close eye on what’s going on probably wouldn’t let it sneak up on them so the lead time of the announcement is just a day.

he didn’t throw eligibility wide open though. he widened it from over age 60 to over age 50. fewer people in ny are eligible than other states. however, not sure why more people are eligible in ny than like say new jersey which is like new york jr. i’m not sure the discrepancy is so much to say it’s a political move though.

i’m not sure what the point is of one day notice. that’s a little weird.

I didn’t come across anything like that. My state still hasn’t figured out the right balance of vaccines in rural areas vs the cities, so I’ll be headed out to the sticks. I haven’t really been out on a drive yet this spring, so hopefully the weather will be nice.

Opening up eligibility makes very little state wide. There are plenty of people that are older with conditions that should still be vaccinated. I would have felt a little bit like I was jumping the line had I taken something near the city, but appointments where I am going have been plentiful for those groups for a while now.

Got Moderna around 9am. Started feeling a little puny over dinner. Nothing like actually having Covid. Took some Tylenol. Going to bed early. :sleeping:

4 Likes

even if the vaccine reaction is as bad as COVID, it is still 1 or 2 days compared to 2 weeks or more

2 Likes

What was the interesting article?

Are any of those teachers actually teaching in person? How many plan to go back to work in person after their jabs?

Last I saw, something like 3.5% of MA public school students had access to in-person instruction, one of the lowest in the nation.

A large percentage of people with “cases” of covid don’t have any symptoms.

fair enough, but a large percentage of people who get the vaccine have no symptoms either.

2 Likes

The state ordered all schools to reopen fully on April 5th — whether that happens or not remains to be seen. Both of my kids have had in-person instruction since December (6th grader 2 days a week, 2nd grader 5 days a week). Our district is returning everyone on April 5th.

1 Like

True, true.

First dose Pfizer done, scheduled for 2nd. Spouse got their second shot today, hoping they get lucky with the no side effects side of the coin.

2 Likes

I don’t think states should be announcing when everyone is eligible ahead of time. People are just going to to pre-book, and take appointments away from folks who are currently eligible. They should just do what Mississippi did. Send out a text in the morning “Surprise! All adults are now eligible.” That’s the most equitable way to do it.

1 Like

I did, in fact, get vaccinated as soon as i could. I didn’t even ask what vaccine it would be. I just said, “yes, i can come in today.”

Booked for first shot Monday @ 45 minutes away from home. Oddie can’t get his yet 'cause he’s not fat like me.