Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

I am now eligible in my state, registered with the public health department and two doctor’s offices, and spending a few minutes a day checking CVS, Walmart, etc. for openings but they make it such a pain since you can only check one location at a time. Not in a big rush but would be nice to be fully vaccinated by the time my father comes to visit in 2 months.

Then not sure what your point is.

Native American tribes in OK are giving shots to any OK resident willing to show up. Awesome.

1 Like

Given the history of biological warfare against them, that seems generous.

5 Likes

how does one get trampled to death if someone gets an appointment ahead of them?

I heard telling ao_fan you didn’t actually qualify could cause that.

maybe not trampled, but a golf club may not be an impossibility

Colorado is opening to 50+ on Friday, or 16-49 if you have one of a long laundry list of conditions (previously you had to have two conditions) or are 16-49 and an essential worker that hasn’t previously qualified (restaurant workers, manufacturing workers, transportation workers, etc).

no, i’m fine with people who don’t technically qualify getting the vaccine. NA is the one who isn’t.

oh, sorry, lost track

but you still hate fat people, right?

no more than I hate most humans.

@ao_fan, I am instructing you, as a mod, to stop asking @NerdAlert about who is being selfish, or about her family’s vaccination plans. Any further comments along these lines will lead to formal warnings and possible reductions in posting privileges.

3 Likes

YAP!

In the not too distant future, it’ll seem quite quaint that we were arguing about people cutting in line and the validity of some state criteria. I already know of two otherwise high functioning adults who are not planning on getting the vaccine. One is already eligible through the VA* and the other doesn’t even watch Fox News! Because of that attitude, some time around mid to late summer, you’ll be able to walk into a Costco or Walgreens and get a COVID Vax without an appt.

I can almost convince myself that I’d be justified in fibbing to get an appt because I’d just be using the dose that this guy is eligible for but he’s not taking.

1 Like

mid to late summer? I think we get there mid to late spring.

Found an article from last Friday suggesting my state would move on to the next phase within a few weeks, and at that point I would qualify, so possibly near the start of April. They still have not figured out how to send the vaccines to the populated areas in the correct ratios as every Malgreens in the rural areas has appointments readily available for those who qualify.

well the goal is that july 4th be independent from covid day according to Biden, so if his goal is doable, it should be mid to late spring i’d think where it will be easy to just get the vaccine.

Are we pretending that the rural glut of vaccines isn’t an intentional policy choice to make sure whites are vaccinated quicker?

I don’t know enough to make that accusation. An equitable distribution across the population would lead to this exact result. But I am in solid red state with a Republican Governor that knows who voted for him. I also think this would be pretty easy to audit.

I’ve lived in America long enough to strongly suspect that, and I doubt it matters the color of the state. MA has vaccinated 25% of whites and <10% of Hispanics and just over 10% of African Americans.

Or in many parts of the midwest: now. I guess I had to make an appt, but I’m in phase 5 (of 5) in KS, technically not eligible but I got a vaccine, no problem.

This is a concern. I work with primary care docs now, and we are trying to close the gap.