Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

I think I slept on the arm with the injection. It’s sore now. Me sad. :face_with_head_bandage:

The flu shot usually makes me feel crummy for a day or two. This year my arm was sore for a couple days, but I didn’t end up feeling run down. I do often get a metallic taste in my mouth afterwards, but it wasn’t too bad this time.

I got both flu and tetanus this year too… my kid managed to do something dumb enough that I looked up when their last tetanus was, saw that we were okay, but both of us went and got tetanus boosters. I need to get the rest of the house to do it, but few of them listen to me.

turns out my last tetanus shot was only 3 years ago – even if I stepped on a rusty nail, I don’t think I’d have been advised to re-up it.

I’m a “wait and see” person. And I got my flu shot.

First time I have heard this and it was not in my church thankfully. My Aunt told my mom she was not getting the vaccine as she believes it is the mark of the beast. Mom didn’t prod too much to find out the logic behind it as she was just shocked when she said it, but my aunt is not prone to erratic statements like this. She does live in Eastern KY, they are definitely Republican, and they are involved in their church, but she is generally very sensible and gets a flu shot every year and vaccinated her children. I am curious as to where this idea has sprung from so I wish mom had prodded a bit more.

Yeah, you must have some interesting people around you. :slight_smile:

R’s are about twice as likely as D’s to be anti-vaxxers.
Education is an even bigger tell though.

Political affiliation
Republican 13 85
Independent 14 84
Democrat 7 90

Education
Postgrad 6 94
College grad only 4 95
Some college 15 82
HS grad or less 14 83

I plan to get it. And thankfully not everybody really needs to get it.

It’s like Trump’s herd immunity plan, only without everyone dying first.

I live in Massachusetts. Democrats are weird here.

I’ve heard the mark of the beast thing about masks so the vaccine statement doesn’t surprise me. It does confuse me tho.

I think this “mark of the best” theory is the ugly intersection between religion, politics, and disinformation on social media. Much of the American evangelical right has equated American politics with Christianity, and Trump with Jesus (or at least his divine plan).

Add in COVID, and people who think Trump is being unfairly accused of being neglectful about COVID along with the fact that they don’t think COVID is a big deal, and the “convenient timing” of a vaccine announcement being post-election, they think everything related to COVID only exists to be against Trump, and thus Jesus. Thus, the “miracle cure” for this “fake disease” must be something sinister.

Based on my reading of Revelation there is a guy who meets the descriptions of the beast quite well. Interestingly enough one of the prophecies concerning him is that he will reveal non believers due to their worship of him.

1 Like

There are weird people everywhere. If most of the people around you are Democrats, you will know some weird Democrats.

Jeez, everybody I know is weird.

Especially the ones that seem normal. That’s super-weird. If I don’t know what the weird thing is about you, I get very suspicious.

What’s my “weird thing”? :grimacing:

if everyone is weird, then no one is

Exactly.

Which is why I suspect the “normal”.

Oh, you know.

1 Like

The punishment I inflict upon your persons?

Or is it my preferred style of futuristic dress?