Will you get the vaccine as soon as available to you?

I think we were lied to about it stopping the spread, ever.

We were also told that bullshit about herd immunity. lol, no.

The nature of most respiratory viruses is that they mutate quickly. It would be surprising if manufacturers could keep up with the pace of that change.

yes, but why would the original vaccine that people got in 2021 take care of the original strain that was in 2020? that was over a year later.

it falls apart here. i don’t think we ever were stopping the spread via vaccines.

agreed. but by labeling it as a ‘vaccine’ they implied it incorrectly.

my sister got the bivalent booster, and got covid 3 weeks later. 3 WEEKS!

granted, it was a mild case, but that’s still spreadable.

vaccines stop shit.

That’s a great question and one of many that I too have.

I was just complaining about the propaganda back in 2021. that was before we really knew anything to be fair.

at this point most people agree that the covid shots are a risk mitigation tool that an individual can use to reduce their own risk of transmission and severity of infection. They should be used utilized by people that would be at in increased risk of severe infection or people with weak immune systems. There is no guarantee of efficacy at an induvial level, but in large numbers, this is effective.

I realize that language changes over time, but it’s worth paying attention when words are redefined. Maybe it’s a natural evolution that makes sense, maybe it’s a manipulation, maybe it’s something else. Doing so in the middle of a worldwide emergency with little public explanation is worth thinking about.

i’m not following. the vaccine has been proven to reduce severity, but it hasn’t been proven to stop the spread. that’s my point. it doesn’t stop the spread in large numbers or small numbers.

the majority of vaccinated people have had covid.

Do we know this to be true?

I do believe (but don’t have more than anecdotal evidence) that vaccines have kept hospitalizations down. I know in my area ICU is about 70% full right now & they are saying it’s die to flu, Covid and RSV. When Covid was at its worst ICU’s were overflowing and it was a lot more unvaccinated folks than vaccinated. Hospitalizations were also much lower among vaccinated folks who got Covid. I don’t know if that is still true with the current variants.

I think it has been stated as fact that most people have had covid.

I’m not denying that vaccines lead to less severe cases. My point is that it doesn’t stop the spread (and likely never has), and therefore whether or not to get the vaccine should be a personal decision. Mandates that excluded the unvaccinated from society were detrimental and didn’t actually stop the spread.

I thought we had a lot of data at the time suggesting that it was but I’m too busy and too lazy to dig it all back up again.

That’s true.

Then again, I did just read that on the internet…

1 Like

if it was true, that would imply that the virus didn’t mutate at all in the year it took to develop a vaccine, so the vaccine matched, but then proceeded to mutate at record speed right after that so we couldn’t keep up with the virus. is this the case?

And, one of these groups is likely to live longer than the other, so longer-time customer. Really, it’s an easy decision, business-wise. (Congress has its short-term rea$on$ for lifting its ban, cuz easy campaign money from an industry that profits on addiction.)

Why wouldn’t it help mitigate the spread? If the vaccine leads to milder cases that clear up faster then there are fewer people with active infections at any given time. So less overall exposure in the population. I’m not sure what’s wrong with that logic.

1 Like

are people going out when they are super sick to begin with? i could barely get out of bed.

Not sure, but I’ve seen plenty of people out shopping and they are coughing and sneezing. I assume there is plenty of exposure happening because people are semi-recovered and feel like they are ok to go out but they are still contagious. I get the feeling most people aren’t really testing for covid much anymore.

1 Like

the semi recovered vaccinated people could be out and about too. it’s also far less contagious at that point.

it might help some, but i doubt it’s a big game changer here.

Yes, especially people with no sick benefits or people who are discouraged to use their sick benefits (ironically includes healthcare workers).

1 Like